Baked Fruit Dessert

This is a simple recipe that I used many times to satisfy my large family when we worked in a plant and produce business in Knoxville, TN. We always had the few ingredients, and it is easy and quick to make. It is surprisingly yummy, and each choice of fruit gives a different flavor result.

• 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup self rising flour
  • 1 cup milk (can be whole, but I used skim with equal results.)
  • 2 cans (approx 15 oz.) fruit, with juice (peaches are good
  • so are mixed fruits, you choose)

Optional: can add dash of cinnamon, or nutmeg, if it goes good with the fruit you add.

Directions:

Mix sugar and flour together to avoid lumpy flour, add cinnamon or nutmeg if desired, add milk, stir to mix, then pour into greased or sprayed 9x12 inch baking pan.

Spoon fruit around on top of flour mixture, as well as spooning liquid with fruit. I used home canned fruits and used a quart of fruit, with all of the juice, so I would say use all of two cans fruit and juice.

Bake at 375 to 400 degrees F. for 30-40 minutes. (temps vary so just watch for the center to come to the top and not be gooey when tested with a toothpick).

This makes a finished dish with fruit on the bottom, and a non greasy top. Serve warm or cool. It is also good with a spoon of cool whip or similar topping if served warm.

Servings: 6-8
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
30--40 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Just something a sister-in-law and I developed out of necessity.

By LJF from Theodore, AL

This sounds absolutely scrumptious, LJF, and nice enough for company, expected or unexpected. Possibly some chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans sprinkled on top with the fruit would be a tasty addition too. Thanks for a nice, quick & easy dessert that everyone will enjoy. :o)

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts CobblersApril 30, 2009
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese.
Twice Baked Mashed Potato Recipes
Baked Bananas
Baked Banana Recipes
cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
🎄
🍂