Dog Afraid of My Neighbors

My neighbors are very friendly to my dog that is going to be one year old Sept. 23rd, 2010. They come over to visit him like 3 times a day and give him treats. But the only way they can give him a treat is by turning their back to him. My dog barks and runs away from them until they turn their back. Any idea why my dog does this and how can I get him to stop barking at them and to let them pet him?

By Nancy from Warminster, PA

Answers

I would have the neighbors set, separately, on the lawn with a few dog bones in front of them. I would then tell them to act like they are having a great time 'eating' the bones. Patience.

Pets Dogs AdviceSeptember 10, 2010
dog on laminate flooring
Dog Afraid of Laminate Floor
Giving Christmas Gifts to Neighbors
Giving Christmas Gifts to Neighbors
scared dog
Dog is Afraid to Go Outside
Two couples, who are neighbors, talking.
Getting to Know Your Neighbors
🎄