Beaded Stemware "Skirts"

Anything beaded is really hot right now and I wanted to come up with something new and exciting for a couple of newlywed couples for Christmas. Here is what I did.

For Beaded Glass "Skirt"

Supplies

• 1 package of beaded trim
  • 1 package of small elastic
  • 1 bottle of Aleenes quick dry glue
  • or a needle and thread

I measured where I wanted the skirt to ride on the glass and cut my elastic to fit. Then I cut the beaded trim just a little bit bigger. I glued the elastic to the trim and then glued the trim together in a circle. Aleene's quick dry dries quickly enough to be almost dry in 5-6 minutes so I slid the "skirts" on to the glasses to keep their shape while drying. I did not stretch the elastic I used it more as a piece to stiffen the trim.

Beaded Appetizer Picks

These look really elegant and are very easy to make. I had a ball making these and Pounding surely released some stress.

Supplies

• 1 Hank of 16 gauge wire (Purse handle wire)
  • 1 spool of 20 gauge wire
  • 2 packages of essentials beads the flat kind (This makes 12 picks)
  • 1 small hammer
  • 1 block of 2 by 4 or small anvil

Cut the 16 gauge wire about 8 inches long, with the hammer flatten about the first 1/2 to 3/4 inches. Slide on the bead. Take the 20 gauge wire and cut off about 8 inches in the center of the wire make some loops or squiggles in the wire. Now pound the design in the center flat. Wrap the top of wire to the top above the bead and the bottom half below the bead to secure it. Now pound the rest of the wire below the bead flat. These are perfect for cheese and fruit or those tomato grapes to be served on.

Now to finish off the set, I went to Walmart and in their open stock of dishes I bought one clear dinner plate and 4 small salad plates. I figure I spent total about 15.00 dollars for the set and I am sure that it would have been much more expensive out of a catalog. Now my newlyweds have a great set for entertaining another couple on New Year's Eve or any other fun occasion. I was also able to get the champagne flutes at Walmart for about $1.00 per glass.

By Debra in Colorado

i WANT TO BUY THE BEADED SKIRT, NOT MAKE ONE. i WANT ONE WITH DARK GREEN CRYSTAL BEADS AND A STRETCHABLE TOP OPENING. dO YOU HAVE THAT?

I would love to see some pictures if you have them...

I too, would love a picture as I seem to be a visual learner. :~) Thank you in advance! Trisha

Weddings GiftsNovember 7, 2004
Beaded Necklaces
Making a Beaded Necklace
Making a Beaded Poinsettia
Making a Beaded Poinsettia
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Bed Skirts
Craft Uses for Bed Skirts
🎉
🎄