Using Crumbled Deodorant

When my deodorant stick reaches near the end, it often crumbles and falls out of the applicator. I replace the broken pieces, slide a nylon knee-high over the top, twist it so it is snug and the lid can still fit on. It is now ready to use right through the nylon. It is still smooth to the skin and goes on nicely until it is all used up. That has given me an extra two weeks of use and a life saver if you don't have another new one on hand.

By Joyce from Regina, Sask.

Hi Joyce,

That is a wonderful tip. There is no telling how much deodorant I have thrown out over the years because of it crumbling and falling out of the dispenser. A knee high? I don't ware them but buying a pair for that purpose would be worth the money.

I save all my used deodorants; turn one down all the way in its container, scoop the others out into a small heat-proof container, which I put in a pan that has some water in it and heat until the deodorant pieces are melted. Remove from heat and let cool a bit. Pour into the used deodorant container that iis turned down; cool. The old deodorant in the base will keep the new stuff poured into it from running out the bottom. I find that three tubes of used deodorant have enough left in their bases to fill a fourth container, making every fourth container of deodorant free. I usually just save them all and make these once a year. You can mix any brands. I do this to my husband's deodorant too. It takes only a few minutes and can save lots of money. It works for the ones that have broken too.

THAT is the GREATEST TIP EVER! I'm ALWAYS tossing a ton of stuff that breaks, crumbles, falls on the floor, sink, etc. Now, I will use your suggestion. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Hi, Joyce,

This is SO SMART! thanks for the great tip!

Nancy in NC

Photo of a stick of Sure deodorant.
Saving Money on Deodorant
Health & Beauty Beauty Body TipsAugust 24, 2008
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Man Using Deodorant
Using Deodorant
Deodorant Stains
Removing Deodorant Stains From a Sweater
Leftover Tortilla Chips
Using Leftover Tortilla Chips
🎉
🎄