Craft: Decorative Flowers from Empty Product Boxes

I found a use for most of the cardboard packaging that I end up with so much of. I cut the boxes apart and begin cutting the flowers. The parts are then stacked to create multiple layers of petals. An upholstery tack holds all of it together and to the wall. The photo is of the flowers in a display on my back porch. The yellow, pink, and orange flowers came in a set on a sticker sheet, but the multicolored ones are reused boxes.

As you can see, some of the flowers are thinner than others. Because I attached these with big tacks, I can remove the flower from the wall and easily add more petals when I have more empties cut!

By melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

Super cute!

Very cute! Good idea.

Do you cut individual petals & attach them in the middle with the tack, or do you cut a circle and then cut into the circle to make the petals? maybe a couple pics of step by step?

I was going to ask you the same thing, how do you do this? The flowers are really cute, but I can't tell how it is done by looking at the photos & there are no directions. I can think of a lot of possibilities with these.

Photos CraftsNovember 29, 2010
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Decorative Cardboard Box
Making Decorative Cardboard Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 10:47:20 AM on 10.0.1.81 in 980 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.