Do dehumidifiers help with allergies?

I have extreme allergies,and I've heard that dehumidifiers help. I have tried everything and then some. Have any of you had any experience with dehumidifiers? If so I would love your comments. Thank you and God bless.

Betty R.Bazzle from Summerville,S.C

There are fewer problems with allergies when it's dry - a dehumidifier would help guard against mold problems - I would still use an air cleaner against pollen. (And make sure your A/C filters are cleaned regularly.)

Have you tried adding any homeopathic remedies to your arsenal? I have added BioAllers tinctures, when needed, against prevailing allergies (grass, tree, mold, etc.) as well as nettles and combinations like Allertonic. I also use A. Vogel's Allergy Relief (or Boerick & Tafel's Allergyaide) This is in combination with lots of vitamins across the spectrum, and ginseng and other adaptogens (like astralagus) to help your immune system. I also add eyebright, good for the eyes. (& I like similisan eyedrops - and Ocuhist otc) These seem to work similarly to allergy shots, i.e., they rev up your immune system - and can be used in addition to your medication. (when things get BAD, it's back to meds + other remedies - & when all else fails, benedryl + sleep...)

There are a lot of good meds out there OTC now - including Zyrtec, which I had had prescribed. I do it ALL when I have to & it does seem to help - just a kind word from another sufferer...

I don't know about dehumidifiers but an air purifer works great. I got one several years ago and I haven't had to use any medication since!

TOO much dehumidifiying (air too dry) is actually not good. However, I use it b/c of my classroom and the high humidity. Block buildings are notorious for moisture.

TOO much humidity is bad for allergies in that it allows for mold to grow. You have to experiment and see what works for you. Too much or too little is bad. You need it just right!

Portable Dehumidifier
Using Dehumidifiers
Health & Beauty AdviceJune 4, 2008
Dog standing by food dish.
Does My Dog Have Food Allergies?
Dog With Allergies
Treating Dogs With Seasonal Allergies
Dog With Food Allergies
Feeding a Dog With Food Allergies
Woman With Allergies
Traveling with Allergies
🎉
🎄