Giving Money as a Wedding Gift

bride holding money

Giving money as a wedding gift is generally acceptable in many cultures. This is a guide about giving money as a wedding gift.

Solutions: Giving Money as a Wedding Gift

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Gift Cards for Wedding Presents

My daughter is getting married in June and I just returned over $100 worth of items that she got as double presents. Considering that, I recommend giving gift cards or money to the bride and groom. It saves time for them and also they can get whatever they need.

By Robin

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Giving Money as a Wedding Gift.

Question: Giving Money as a Wedding Gift

I haven't been to a wedding in several years. Does anyone know what amount that most people give as a monetary gift?

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Diva (Guest Post) 12/29/2008

Most reception halls charge between $75-$150 per plate. Coming as a single person I would give $100, as a couple $200.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Gift Ideas to Bride and Groom from Bride's Parents

Our daughter's wedding is coming up in 2 weeks. We gave her and her fiance a substantial amount of money to use however they chose on the wedding and reception. We are now considering whether we "should" also give another substantial cash wedding gift, or simply a less expensive, but meaningful gift of some sort. Any suggestions/experiences anyone can share? Also, any ideas about meaningful gifts from parents to the bride and groom that are not too costly?

By Lynne

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By lghay8782 03/31/2014

Related to this topic, I recently began offering "Getting Started on the Right Foot" Financial Planning and coaching for newlyweds and engaged couples.

Parents of the bride and groom most frequently purchase Financial Planning as a gift for the bride and groom, because it is truly a gift that "keeps on giving" for years to come!

Statistically, money and finances are the top issues causing marital discord, and differing financial goals can result in chaos. I spend time talking to the couple, helping them establishing and prioritizing their mutual financial goals.

I assist with a range of topics, including: analyzing employer benefits and retirement plans; combining assets; reviewing debts and credit reports; creating a budget; buying a home; updating wills; and reviewing insurance coverage.

I am interested to hear thoughts as to whether you would value this gift and how you think it would best be marketed and received. You can learn more here:

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No