Giving Money as a Wedding Gift

Giving money as a wedding gift is generally acceptable in many cultures. This is a guide about giving money as a wedding gift.

bride holding money
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Our daughter's wedding is coming up in 2 weeks. We gave her and her fiance a substantial amount of money to use however they chose on the wedding and reception. We are now considering whether we "should" also give another substantial cash wedding gift, or simply a less expensive, but meaningful gift of some sort. Any suggestions/experiences anyone can share? Also, any ideas about meaningful gifts from parents to the bride and groom that are not too costly?

By Lynne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Related to this topic, I recently began offering "Getting Started on the Right Foot" Financial Planning and coaching for newlyweds and engaged couples.

Parents of the bride and groom most frequently purchase Financial Planning as a gift for the bride and groom, because it is truly a gift that "keeps on giving" for years to come!

Statistically, money and finances are the top issues causing marital discord, and differing financial goals can result in chaos. I spend time talking to the couple, helping them establishing and prioritizing their mutual financial goals.

I assist with a range of topics, including: analyzing employer benefits and retirement plans; combining assets; reviewing debts and credit reports; creating a budget; buying a home; updating wills; and reviewing insurance coverage.

I am interested to hear thoughts as to whether you would value this gift and how you think it would best be marketed and received. You can learn more here:

http://www.ascendfinancial.net/2012/02/starting-off-on-right-foot.html

Read More Answers...

I haven't been to a wedding in several years. Does anyone know what amount that most people give as a monetary gift?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Most reception halls charge between $75-$150 per plate. Coming as a single person I would give $100, as a couple $200.

Read More Answers...

My daughter is getting married in June and I just returned over $100 worth of items that she got as double presents. Considering that, I recommend giving gift cards or money to the bride and groom. It saves time for them and also they can get whatever they need.

By Robin

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Weddings GiftsMarch 15, 2013
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Wedding Dress Sale square
Saving Money on a Wedding Dress
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 10:06:01 PM on 10.0.2.159 in 980 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.