Cleaning Regime For Pest Control

Controlling pests in the home can be easy. It should also be done in the most natural way possible and this means going back to good old fashioned housekeeping. Never wait until pests are such a problem you need to spray chemicals or call a professional.

Once or twice a month I gather dusting cloths, a vacuum, and a long handled dusting tool. Pests such as spiders and other creepy crawlies set up house where you can not see them so getting them as they are moving in is essential. Take one room at a time if you are busy.

Start by using a long handled dusting tool and run it along all of your walls beginning with the ceiling, include running it down all corners seams. Shake out when needed outside.

Get your vacuum next with attachments and starting in one corner, run a long handle with a brush attachment along baseboards, moldings and in the seam between the bottom of the baseboard and the floor. You will be amazed by what you see scampering for safety!

When it is possible, move furniture to the center of the room or try moving anything against one wall and vacuum all of the outer borders of the room. A lot of pests are attached underneath tables, chairs and couches so as you are putting them back run an attachment under and don't forget the legs. Lift cushions and vacuum well.

Finish by vacuum the center of the room, turning over area rugs and giving them a quick look.

Take an old diaper or a swiffer duster and run them over all lamps, fixtures, and table decorations. Pull items off shelves and run the cloth along paying attention to those corners that pests love to live in. If you have cabinets open them up and shine a light and look for invaders. Some pests love to dwell in the dark.

Though it may seem like a lot of work, it actually is only minutes for each section of the room. Usually once a month, I perform my pest control for each room when I find a patch of time. What I have noticed is no pests! I simply don't give them a chance to get comfortable. If you have pets, try sprinkling borax on carpets and "sweep" it into the rug well, leave on for 15 minutes and the vacuum it up. It does a wonderful job of sweetening the rugs while killing dust mites and any other invaders!

Thanks so much for all the tips....especially the one about sprinkling Borax on the rug to kill dust mites - I did not know that Borax would kill dust mites. Probably a good idea to sprinkle on mattresses too.

Home and Garden Pest Control AdviceAugust 7, 2008
Fly paper strips hanging by clothes pins.
Making Fly Paper
Remote Control on White Background
Cleaning a Remote Control
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
Toad in a garden.
Attracting Toads to Your Garden
🎄