Raising a Miniature Cocker Spaniel

How big does a miniture Cocker Spaniel get? What kind of problems do they have? Are they hyper little dogs? What kind of activities do they like?

By Karen from Waldron, AR

To begin with, according to the American Kennel Club, Cocker Spaniels don't come in "miniature", so it sounds as if what you have is probably a "runt of the litter" or a cross with a smaller breed. From the picture I'd say the breeder bred down (breeding one runt to another) until he/she got what he/she is calling a "miniature". Saying this, there is no way of knowing how big your puppy will get. But she looks like she's full of love and deserves all the love you an heap on her.

She's so cute! A real sweetie, you are blessed to have her. I have 2 Cocker/Springer Spaniel mixes. We call them "Sprockers" for fun. Cockers are smart, they love paper tissues, we keep our waste baskets either in a cabinet or on top of our dressers. But, Cockers are prone to skin allergies and unfortunately also to eye problems and even blindness. Our Sadie went blind about 4 years ago. She's still the leader of the pack and gets around great. The only down side is we can't move the furniture! She runs through the house, goes out the dog door, across the deck, down the stairs and through the backyard. She's so smart that she's memorized where she can run without getting hurt. Wishing you all the best with your new puppy. Cocker Spaniels are so special.

Deborah, Thank you! She is a very cute and sweet lil' dog and very loveable. I am still learning a lot about her. I have only had her for a year now I got her when she was 2 months old. She is a very spoiled lil' girl. Thank you for the info that help me out.

Crickentnc, My Cocker Spaniel, Lady is the same exact size now that she is in the pic above. She has not grown any at all. Lady is now a year old. She turned a year back in March. She is full of love she is such a loveable lil' dog.

Cocker Spaniel
Cocker Spaniel Breed Information and Photos
Pets Dogs AdviceNovember 9, 2010
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
Miniature Crochet
Miniature Crochet Tips
Buff Colored Cocker Spaniel Puppy
Name Ideas For a Buff Colored Cocker Spaniel
Grandparent with Granddaughter
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren