Chicken, Cheese and Brown Rice Burritos

Delicious, inexpensive, and a great way to use leftovers!

• 1 (15 oz.) can refried beans
  • 2 cups cooked rice (I prefer brown but white is fine)
  • Ad
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup salsa
  • 8 10 inch flour tortillas
  • 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
  • Salsa and Sour Cream for topping

Directions:

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 2 cookie sheets with Pam. In a medium bowl, mix refried beans, rice, 1 cup cheese, and 1/4 cup salsa. Divide chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up, tucking in ends as you go, burrito style. Cover with foil, and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil, and top with cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and salsa. A meal in itself!

Note: To save time, I buy the Minute brown Rice - store brand. It's more nutritious than white, but I don't have to cook it for 45 minutes :)

By joynchocolate from Landisville, PA

This works with beef or pork too, but we like them just as well without any meat at all. I have sometimes left out the refried beans, and added a can of well-drained large dark red kidney beans, and that makes a great tasting burrito too. We are learning to like the brown rice just as well as the white. Just a matter of getting used to the difference in flavor and texture, I think. Brown rice is so much healthier, so it's important to try.

Thank you for sharing.

Pookarina

Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. I buy these, well something similar I reckon and I cannot wait to try your version. We are trying to get completely away from prepackaged meals, not easy, lol. I cant wait to try them with my black bean salsa, yummy.

I also will sometimes substitute black beans for the refried. We love black beans. Whenever I go grocery shopping I pick up a can of beans a can of tomatoes and a can of fruit. Good to have in case of an emergency. :)

Chicken Burrito
Chicken Burrito Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes International Mexican BurritosAugust 31, 2010
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
Chicken and Rice Soup
Chicken and Rice Soup Recipes
🎄