Save Energy Using Night Lights

I purchased white night lights that have an on/off switch from the dollar store, for all over our house. We find they put out plenty of light. For example in the bathroom, the light is fine to use the bathroom, brush our teeth, get dressed, etc. We then switch them off and use the brighter lights as necessary for combing hair, applying makeup, etc. Another example is in larger rooms, someone reading may use a brighter light to read by, and you could use a night light on the other side of the room where someone is watching TV or just relaxing.

What the what? Edit: I thought you said you did hair to a night light. I'm having a laugh at myself right now.

Which dollar store did you score them at and do you have pictures of the nifty lights? I ask which store because where I live, there is a Dollar Tree chain and now and then I'll find something very useful like an LED flashlight I scored for 1.00 including batteries a day before our power went out for 3 days and thank God I rolled up on that little flashlight! Sounds cool...wonder if it could work for me? :) Thanks for posting!

I buy my nightlights at Dollar Tree. Also, they have replacement bulbs at four for $1 which is an excellent price. I have one that is like the one the poster mentioned. I keep it in my kitchen to see in the evenings. The other one is in the bathroom. that has a sensor and goes on by itself when it is dark.

I agree that these are wonderful. I suggest leaving some on in the entry area for when you are out at night. Most of us usually leave a lamp on inside so we don't come home to a really dark house. But the night light is a much cheaper light to leave on.

Be careful when buying these electrical items. Be sure the are UL Listed and safe to use. I am leery of buying off brand electrical products.

Simple Things We Can Do To Save Energy, Piggy Bank and Electric cord
Simple Things We Can Do To Save Energy
Better Living Green Living ConservationNovember 18, 2008
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Classic Christmas Tree
Putting Lights on a Christmas Tree
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
LED head light
Uses for LED Lights
🎉
🎄