AdviceFood Tips

Measuring Marshmallow Creme

What is the best way to measure marshmallow creme, in a "wet" ingredient measuring cup or a "dry" one? I need 7 oz from a 13 oz jar for the recipe. I messed up a recipe of Rice Krispies treats by using too much. Yes, someone can actually make bad Rice Krispies treats. Who knew? Thanks for your help to a cook wannabe!

HJ from Delaware

I've always heard to measure it in a greased or oiled measuring cup so as not to have most of it stick to the inside. I'd say not too gunky, just use some on a paper towel and swab the inside of cup. Hope it helps ya ..

Honestly, I'd just eyeball it. Sounds like you need half a jar. You can also make Rice Krispy Treats using big or small marshmallows. It think that would be a lot easier to measure.

take your measuring cup and using pam or the cheap stuff and spray the cup and the spoon makes it so easy. Me however when I made it I used marshmallows.

Best measuring cup to use for anything sticky:

http://www.pamp  mp;productId=210

Can't beat em for peanut butter, honey, marshmallow creme, etc.

How do you make Rice Krispie treats with Marshmallow creme? I have only ever seen it made it with marshmallows.

I would use my kitchen scale and weigh it. Put a piece of parchment or wax paper on the scale first.

I agree that using spraying with a cooking spray works well. This is also good for measuring peanut butter or anything else that sticks in the cup.

I have recipe that calls for 1 pint marshmallow cream, but it is sold by the ounce, so what size do I use?

By Patty

Eight ounces is equal to half a pint. So you would purchase a total of sixteen ounces! ~ Hope this helps

If you want to be exact the old recipes called for say a pint and now the jars of cream come in 7 oz. containers instead of 8 oz. containers which would leave you short 2 oz. so you either make the recipe short 2 oz. or buy a 3rd container and use 2 oz. of that one. No worries if you need to utilize the last 5 oz. top hot chocolate or make an icing out of the extra.