Measuring Marshmallow Creme

What is the best way to measure marshmallow creme, in a "wet" ingredient measuring cup or a "dry" one? I need 7 oz from a 13 oz jar for the recipe. I messed up a recipe of Rice Krispies treats by using too much. Yes, someone can actually make bad Rice Krispies treats. Who knew? Thanks for your help to a cook wannabe!

HJ from Delaware

I've always heard to measure it in a greased or oiled measuring cup so as not to have most of it stick to the inside. I'd say not too gunky, just use some on a paper towel and swab the inside of cup. Hope it helps ya ..

Honestly, I'd just eyeball it. Sounds like you need half a jar. You can also make Rice Krispy Treats using big or small marshmallows. It think that would be a lot easier to measure.

take your measuring cup and using pam or the cheap stuff and spray the cup and the spoon makes it so easy. Me however when I made it I used marshmallows.

Best measuring cup to use for anything sticky:

http://www.pamperedchef.biz/janlewi ... 23&itemId=2225&productId=210

Can't beat em for peanut butter, honey, marshmallow creme, etc.

How do you make Rice Krispie treats with Marshmallow creme? I have only ever seen it made it with marshmallows.

I would use my kitchen scale and weigh it. Put a piece of parchment or wax paper on the scale first.

I agree that using spraying with a cooking spray works well. This is also good for measuring peanut butter or anything else that sticks in the cup.

November 16, 2012 Flag

I have recipe that calls for 1 pint marshmallow cream, but it is sold by the ounce, so what size do I use?

By Patty

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Eight ounces is equal to half a pint. So you would purchase a total of sixteen ounces! ~ Hope this helps

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceFebruary 24, 2009
Marshmallows
Substituting Marshmallows and Marshmallow Creme
Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting
Marshmallow Frosting Recipes
Amish Peanut Butter Church Spread
Amish Peanut Butter Church Spread
Measuring Elastic
Measuring Elastic for Clothing
🎉
🎄