Easy Chicken For Work Lunches

This is a recipe that I use for making lunches for myself for work. I typically buy meat that is on sale at the store and kind of mix and match the ingredients according to the kind of meat.

I buy enough meat to make at least 5 lunches. If there is some meat leftover, you could freeze it for cooking later or make more than you need right now and freeze it for later eating. I am partial to chicken, but depending on what is available and other factors (dietary requirements, budget, etc.), you could get other meats, too. Cooking time may need to be adjusted for different meats.

Ingredients

• 5 chicken breasts or pork chops
  • long grain wild rice
  • Spices (whatever spices you like, but I like celtic sea salt, pepper, garlic, red peppers, lemon pepper seasoning, rosemary). I change it up frequently for interest.
  • Cooking oil (I like organic olive oil, but any oil will do)
  • Baking Pan with lid (I personally use glass.)

Directions

Place pieces of meat in baking pan. Pour a little oil over each piece of meat. Add spices to taste. Add rice, if desired. Put lid on pan. Place in oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.

Like I said earlier, I take this chicken with me to work. It saves me money not having to buy lunch out at around $5-6 a pop, but also is healthier for me, as I have food allergies.

By crazyliblady from Pittsburg, KS

Are you using precooked long grain wild rice?

A bagged lunch, bottle of water and a red apple.
Work Lunch Ideas
Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesApril 4, 2008
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Setting Up a Carpool to Work, Man Getting in Work Car Pool
Setting Up a Carpool to Work
Tetrazzini Recipes, Chicken Tetrazzini
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎄
🍂