How Long Can I Keep Uncooked Pasta?

How long can I safely keep and use unopened packages of pasta?

By Annelle from PA

At least until the expiration date on the package. I would think it would be good long after that, unless you can see little bugs in the package. My pasta never lasts too long after the date on the package.

If it doesn't smell stale, it's good to use. I've used pasta that was years past expiration that was still good. I keep it in an air-tight container or I put it in the freezer. If it's stored soewhere it gets hot,it'll go stale faster. Believe me, if it's stale,you will know as soon as you take a sniff!

I always dump uncooked pasta in a colander and shake it well. This way if there are little bugs I will shake them out. Any uncooked leftover pasta goes into a plastic container with a dry bay leaf. I find this helps with the bug problem. There are bugs in all dry pasta doesn't mean it's bad.

According to, 3 years.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceJanuary 18, 2011
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Uncooked Oatmeal
Freezing Uncooked Oatmeal
Two colors of frozen ravioli.
Freezing Cooked Pasta
Pasta Alla Checca Recipes
Pasta Alla Checca Recipes