Ideas for Indoor Winter Wonderland Elementary School Party

I am hosting a winter wonderland party for my elementary school and I need ideas. I am looking for inside activities that cost little or no money and can be done with large groups.
Thanks.

By Ms. 1st grade from IL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I posted this once, a few days ago. It is fun for kids or adults, hilarious, actually.

Tell them, "On the count of 3, I want to see your very best impersonation of Santa. 1, 2, 3.

(They will say Ho-Ho-Ho.)

Then say, "Santa's belly shakes when he laughs, like a bowl full of jelly. You are going to have to stick those bellies out there, grab hold of them with your hands and shake them around. 1, 2, 3. (They will shake their bellies while they Ho-Ho-Ho.)

While swaying your shoulders and upper body back and forth slowly a couple of times, say "Santa is fat, and fat people are rolly-polly. 1, 2, 3. (They will shake their bellies while they Ho-Ho-Ho and sway back and forth.)

Then say, "Santa has been wading through ice and snow all night long, delivering gifts. He is tired and just wants to go home and go to bed, but there is no way Mrs. Clause will let him in the house with all that snow on his boots, you're gonna have to stomp it off. 1, 2, 3.

I was Student Council advisor when I was still teaching. A fun activity we did with the whole school (about 150 kids) was a winter read-in. The kids brought blankets, pillows, even sleeping bags from home and a book to read which they brought to the auditorium. They could sit wherever they wanted. The principal read a story to them first. Student Council passed out some snacks and they had about a half hour to eat and read the books they brought. They had so much fun, and it was surprisingly quiet!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Holidays and Parties Parties SchoolNovember 16, 2010
Middle School Survival Kit
Making a Middle School Survival Kit
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
High School Graduation Party Cupcakes
High School Graduation Party Ideas
A variety of sports equipment
Saving Money on Sports Equipment for School
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 9:35:04 AM on 10.0.1.152 in 558 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.