Removing Rust Stains from Concrete

How do I get rust stains off of concrete?

By Sandra

Muriatic acid, rubber gloves, and a good stiff brush.

September 29, 2010 Flag

How do I remove rust from a concrete step?

By Ron from Princeton, ON

Answers:

Removing Rust Stains from Concrete

I know a product that will guarantee you get the stain out, but it is hard to find if you don't want to purchase it online. It is called "Whink". It absolutely works! It works for rust stains on clothing also. It is a liquid and here is a link if you want to buy it online.

http://www.whink.com/product_info.php?cPath=28andsort=2aandproducts_id=29 (04/03/2010)

By Laniegirl

Removing Rust Stains from Concrete

Simply use a 50/50 mix of liquid muriatic acid (for swimming pools) and water and spray it on the area after you have watered it down first. Do not breathe the fumes! Use a hand sprayer. It will eat off the stain in seconds. Rinse it off every 5 seconds or so to see the results. This works on efflorescence on basement walls, too! (04/03/2010)

By fixitguy1971

March 31, 2010 Flag

How do I remove rust from concrete?

By SharinWithU from MN

Answers:

Removing Rust Stains from Concrete

I found a great rust remover, so far it has worked on everything. I have used it on my concrete stairs, the wood on my deck, and my husband's clothes just to name a few. It is called "Whink" and comes in a brown bottle. I usually get it at Walmart. Good luck.

LJD7988 (06/18/2009)

By LJD7988

Removing Rust Stains from Concrete

Whink is a very strong acid, really nasty stuff, as acids go. I have some, but don't leave it on. Use it and watch the stain go, then rinse. For concrete try muratic acid, you can get it at most home centers. Acid is what dissolves oxidized iron, which is what those stains are. You could try white vinegar, pour it on and let it set. You may have to do it again, but it's easier to deal with. It's PH is about 4.5, the Whink is much lower, so is muratic. (06/18/2009)

By c t

June 16, 2009 Flag

We purchased a new fire pit for the patio. We never used it but the wrought iron still left rust spots on our patio. Could anyone please tell us how can you clean rust from concrete without damaging the concrete?

Jerri from Florence, AL

Answers:

Removing Rust Stains from Concrete

Try Barkeeper's Friend, it is usually found along the cleaning cleansers like Comet and such. Read the directions on how to remove rust stains from concrete. (01/08/2008)

By Mike

concrete driveway
Removing Rust Stains from Concrete
Home and Garden Cleaning RustSeptember 29, 2010
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
🎄