Printing Your Own Wedding Programs

My daughter is getting married. We are wondering if you have to go to a printer to do wedding programs, or if anyone has a way of making them? I do want them to look nice. Is there a special program to do this? Same thing with little cards for the favors. Can you do them yourself or do you need a professional?

Jayne from Indiana

If you Google "free wedding program templates" you will get some options. I printed my own two years ago and they turned out great. I don't have the site though that I used. Sorry. But I bought the paper at Target. Very nice. Basically it is a word program and you set up the columns and type what you want. Good Luck!

Amy from Wisconsin

I would buy the blank invites at Michael's or WalMart then setup some sort of design or ideas and then have Kinko's print them for you. They printing invitations for us for less than $10 for 140 invitations. It saves money on ink for your home printer.

You can buy some programs from Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart and other places that sell computer programs that will help you make different things like cards and invitations. You can use some of program that was for one thing but use your imagination and use it for anything you might need to make.

For example (this is just to show you what I mean) the business card template; you can make id cards that can be laminated (you can buy them that have a hole at the top and you put a clip that pinches to you shirt) I have taken the postcard template and done recipe cards and address card to put in a index card box. You can use the newsletter or brochures part of the program for many things besides what they were created for.

I like The Print Shop or Print Master programs. I hope this helps some. Even if you do it on one of them and then take it to a print place you can show them what you want. Good luck.

In addition to using Google, you can visit http://office.microsoft.com and search under their "Template" tab. I designed my wedding programs 3 years ago and we took them to Kinko's to print on regular colored paper - just to save on ink costs. It was very inexpensive for them to print. Good luck!

You can also make them look more professional by leaving space at the top and attaching a pretty bow with ribbon to match the wedding colors. Be sure to use cardstock (a thicker paper). Again, it looks more professional.

You can also buy whole kits at WalMart & other plases that have the nice heavy paper & envelopes & a disk of programs to make different invitations. They come out very nicely.

my daughter bought these http://www.christianbook.com/Christ ... RCN&item_code=WW&view=covers

and typed up her own then printed them all.

My daughter bought these http://www.christianbook.com/Christ ... RCN&item_code=WW&view=covers

Hello,

I have helped with many weddings over the years and have found that my locally owned copy store can come up with the most elegant program at the very lowest of prices, you can then pay a small fee and have them fold them or you can fold them yourself.

I used this fall-themed program kit from

http://www.christianbook.com/Christ ... BRN&item_code=WW&view=covers

eBay also has many print-your-own program covers if you like this style of program. I chose it because it matched my wedding theme and saved me money because the outside was pre-printed in color -- MUCH cheaper than the cost of colored ink cartridges to print the same thing!

I typed up my ceremony info in Microsoft Word, printed a test copy, and copied them up in black ink on a regular copy machine. After they were folded, I hole-punched 2 holes about 3/4" apart in the spine and tied a bow there to make them more fancy.

I downloaded this free favor tag template from Aylee's Designs to use for my wedding and also for my friend's. It is very professional looking! Print them on card stock so they'll hold up better. Cute and cheap!

http://www.gnyc.net/senseless/2006/06/10/diy-favor-tags/

I find that many on-line images can be copied and pasted to any art type computer program. Find pictures of wedding programs you like, look at the enlarged view & copy. Then modify the colors, images & wording. I also did my invitations this way because the card i liked didn't come in the color I wanted. plus then I used the border to make my thank you cards. The final image in 'paint' was designed to print 2 invitations per page. I just had to keep checking 'print preview' till I got the spacing & borders right.

Disclaimer: of course if there's copyright notations you should contact the artist to get their okay. My image wasn't restricted, that I could tell.

I made my own using just Microsoft Word, vellum paper (which comes in all kinds of varieties) from my local craft store and my color printer. The result was lovely and looked very professional.

Weddings AdviceSeptember 23, 2008
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
A computer and printer.
Printing a Web Page
Bride and Groom Putting Money in Piggy Bank
Creating a Budget for Your Wedding
Printer
Trouble Printing Coupons
🎉
🎄