Flannel Pillow Instructions
Here's a lovely gift that will ensure sweet dreams all winter long.
Materials and Equipment:
- flannel fabric, 20 x 40 inches, color of your choice
- thread to match the fabric
- measuring tape
- polyfill stuffing
- beads or buttons as embellishment (optional)
- Fold the flannel fabric in half with the good side of the material facing inwards. You should now have a double-sided square that is 20 x 20 inches in size.
- Pin an unfinished edge together with pins, leaving a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Hand sew the two sides of the material together along this edge. You can also use a sewing machine if you have one.
- Pin another unfinished edge together with pins, leaving a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Sew the two sides of the material together along this edge.
- Turn the pillow right side out, so that the good side of the material is facing outwards. Stuff the pillow with polyfill to the desired thickness.
- Pin the last unfinished edge together, leaving a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Sew the two sides of the material together, looping the thread over the top of the edge as you sew to create a finished look.
- Sew beads, buttons, or ribbons onto the pillow if you are just using it for decoration. I can't resist a nap on a soft flannel pillow, so the one in the picture is unadorned.
- Enjoy a well-earned nap or give as a gift!
September 8, 20060 found this helpful
Great idea , Christine
I just finished making flannel nightgowns for my 2
great granddaughters. So with the extra material
(i bought too much at the time) I will make pillows to match their nightgowns.
Great idea for useing leftover material.
Shirley Ont., Canada
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 23, 2016 at 10:41:32 PM on 10.0.0.13 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us