Use a Potato as Window Cleaner

My mother taught us to cut a potato, so we could rub the starch onto the window pane. Three reasons why this is a good method:

• You can tell if the window has actually been wiped; there will be white starch if you didn't get it all. It will turn black if you leave it on long enough.
  • The starch traps in the grime, you don't have to worry about having to clean the sill because all the grime dripped from above.
  • The starch is friendly to those who have allergies to cleaning fluids because of the scent or of skin irritations.

By Tim from Science Hill, Ky

I have never heard of doing this! Think I'll try it on my patio doors since my cats like to put their noses on the window panes. If it works I'll let you know.

Cleaning Windows
Homemade Window and Glass Cleaner Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsNovember 18, 2008
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
A bottle of window cleaner containing vinegar and cornstarch.
Cornstarch and Vinegar Window Cleaner Recipe
Brass Buddha figurine on floral fabric.
Homemade Brass Cleaner Recipes
🎄