I am planning a 08-08-08 adult Birthday party and I am looking for fun food and games ideas. It is a backyard/cocktail party with a possible Olympic theme since they start on that day. Any ideas?
Denise from Milwaukee,WI
Maybe some simple games that could be played tournament style with medals given as prizes, such as croquet or darts. You could decorate with flags from different countries. Have fun!
Have a marching in ceremony or a torch "run" where the torch is passed from one person to another. Have a "silly" contest...like nominate a gymnast from each team and see who can do the best Cartwheel, Nominate an ice skater, put on some music and have them do an ice skating "routine", have a volleyball game and see who can volley the ball the most times, have a jav throw, high jump contest, race, etc..
- Buy some lapel pins of flags from different countries. Think about the countries your guests are from and include a bunch of good ol' American flags.
- Decorate a cake like the Olympic rings. You can bake 5 cakes or just use the store bought pound cake rings, icing in the 5 olympic colors and serve with ice cream.
- Serve a variety of international foods OR just go for the Chinese takeout to keep with the Beijing theme OR serve food with a ring theme.
- 5 hula hoops in the Olympic colors. Badminton or other simple Olympic style games.
- decorate with "Olympic" design torches
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!