Do Pantyhose Have a Shelf Life?

Do pantyhose have a shelf life if it is unopened?

By Doyle from ND

Nylon pantyhose has a fairly long shelf life especially if it is new /unopened / not worn. It is the pantyhose that has some spandex in it that will have a shorter shelf life as it loses it's elasticity over time. (Like support hose, light support hose or even some manufacturers add a little bit of spandex for a better fit.)

I had some pantyhose that was over 10 years old. Some of it was fine and some the elastic in the waistband 'rotted'...when stretched out it made a crackly noise and never stretched back into shape. The leg part was fine though.

I suppose it also depends on storage too. Kept away from excess heat, light, moisture etc.

Yes, it does but check with the manufacturer to be sure. My lady puts her new panty hose in the freezer for a few days before she opens the box. Claims the panty hose lasts longer and fewer runs. I don't know if it works or not.

Consumer Advice General AdviceNovember 17, 2009
Uses for Nylons
Uses for Nylons
Panty Hose
Pantyhose Tips and Tricks
Storing Pantyhose
Storing Pantyhose
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
🎄