Making a Kissing Ball for Valentine's Day

Anybody know how to make a kissing ball for Valentine's Day? I saw one in a Better Homes and Garden magazine but it calls for some stuff I don't have. I thought it would be cute to make for my family as a Valentine's Day thing like the mistletoe for Christmas. Thanks!

Crafts4Life from KY

http://www.craftown.com/xmas/craft32.htm I came up with this site to give the general directions. I would suggest using artificial supplies. Since the apple is the love fruit they would be good to use for the fruit mentioned. Apples are usually available in various sizes in the local craft stores. Also artificial hearts would be good, or even hearts cut from construction paper, some decorated with paper doilies, etc.

Hope this will get you started. When you go to craft store and look around you will surely find more ideas than you can possibly use on one kissing ball. I think your idea is a great one. Good luck!

Take a foam ball, u choose the size, I like 8 inch size ball. I like to use artifical flowers so I can use year after year. I cut the flowers to about 3 inches long pushing the leaves up to the top where the bloom is, than sticking the cut end into some good tacky glue, and then sticking the glue covered end into the foam ball till covered. Than I take a ribbon make a general bow and loop so I can hang it up for kissing under it for Valentines Day. Just remember to cover the ball where you don't see any of the color of the foam though the flowers. I used red carnations and red roses for the ones I have made.

Thanks for the great info!

kissing ball
Making a Kissing Ball
Crafts Valentine's DayJanuary 24, 2008
Stress Relief Bath Kit
Homemade Valentine's Day Gifts
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
Santa and Mrs. Claus kissing under a kissing ball.
Making a Christmas Kissing Ball
🎄