Mango Stain on Clothing

I have a mango sap stain on a cotton/poly shirt. I tried soaking them in Oxy Action soaker, but they are now worse than ever and have gone dark brown. Have you any suggestions please?

By Heather from Bundaberg, Qld

This is the reason I don't like polyester, very hard to get stains out of it. With linen, cotton, you can soak and the stains do come out better.

I would give it one last try. Get bucket of hot water, pour in scoop of Biz powder and a scoop of tide with bleach alternative and let it soak for a few days. If that combo does not remove the stain, it is on there forever. I use this on all my vintage linens that I buy and sell and it take out 50 year old stains.

Reason this stain is so stubborn is because of the polyester. That really grabs and holds stains (one of the reasons I would never buy polyester blend napkins). There is a product in grocery store for removing stains on polyester,don't know name, I have had ok results using it. Good luck.

January 4, 2010 Flag

What's the best way to remove Mango stains from clothing?

Mango Stain on Clothing

I've found that hairspray removes almost any stain from anything. Spray it on the stain until the fabric is saturated, let it sit overnight, then wash. You may have to do this more than once but I've never known it to fail. (09/03/2007)

By perfume and powder

Mango Stain on Clothing

I would try using the fruit stain removal. Mix an equal part of vinegar, dish detergent and salt. Make a paste and rub it on the stain. Leave on for 20 minutes and then launder. I removed a strawberry stain successfully from cotton this way, so it might be worth a try for mango. (09/05/2007)

By Jay Jay

September 2, 2007 Flag

I was eating a mango and some of the juice fell on my white tee-shirt. I washed the shirt in persil but the marks have stayed. I cant bleach the shirt as there is a colored image on the front. How do I get the mango stains out?

Debra from Cape Town

Mango Stain on Clothing

I've used meat tenderizer on most food stains. I am about to try on the fresh mango stain. The papain in the tenderizer is an enzyme and it eats the stain. (12/04/2006)

By Monica

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 4, 2010
Peeled Green Mango
Peeling a Mango
Mango Salsa on Sea Bass
Mango Salsa Recipes
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Mango Tree
Growing a Mango Tree