Natural Mosquito Repellent

For insect repellent, essential oils such as clover, citronella, eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender, cedar and lemon grass repel bugs naturally. In a spray bottle, combine 1 1/2 tsp. essential oils per cup of vodka. Apply jojoba oil or almond oil to skin before spraying.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

Top Comment

I certainly hope that this formula does repel mosquitoes because we have them so badly in our area that they make being outdoors miserable. We have two seasons where I live (SE New Brunswick): winter & mosquito. I guess if the mosquitoes aren't repelled I can ingest some of the vodka to alleviate my suffering and maybe get the little buggers so intoxicated that they go away to sleep it off!

Top Comment

THANK YOU! One thing I read recently is that soy vegetable oil is a natural effective repellent that works almost as efficiently on its own as the chemical sprays to repel mosquitoes. You can add the essential oils on top of this for super repellent. I don't use soy for eating, but keep a small bottle for this purpose. With concern that mosquitoes are carriers of some of the new tick borne illnesses, it's worth using a repellent.

Lavender Essential Oil
Using Essential Oils
Home and Garden Pest Control MosquitoesMarch 5, 2011
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Lavender Essential Oil
Using Lavender Essential Oil
Apple cider vinegar, lemongrass, lemons for natural mosquito repellant
Natural Mosquito Repellent Recipes
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews