Mix Uninspired Fragrances Together

Do you have fragrance hanging around that you really don't like that much? Try mixing it up with other scents. Often you can find a combination that you will like.

I have some lily of the valley fragrance that I don't like alone, but it's fine mixed with citrus. And the older heavier perfumes can be added to bathwater to scent it; even if the perfume has evaporated and is somewhat deteriorated.

I find that citrus colognes such as 4711 and Jean Nate are great for mixing with other colognes. I fill my spray cologne bottle with a mixture of a few other scents for my own special blend.

Source: Myself, but Cher does it, too.

By pamphyila from L.A., CA

I did that just this morning before reading your post! I had 2 scents I picked up out of boredom from the dollar general -- normally I will use such inexpensive cologns to mist towels or sheets or spritz on cool light bulbs then turning on the light so it heats & warms the scent, but today I gave the 2 a chance together & it was wonderful! I mixed Agustin Reyes Royal Violets Eau de Cologn with a tiny amount of Prince Matchabelli Sexiest Musk fragrance body spary in the small red mister bottle it came in & loved it!

"great minds think alike!" ;)

Some mornings, I use a magazine insert perfume sample. Then, when freshening up in the evenings, I use Pure Fume, a FREE bottle of perfume I received for my birthday as an Aveda club member. Not only do I get to wear expensive scents, but I can do it free! :)

I love to add the older stronger fragrances to my bath water as well. It not only dilutes them , but it fills the bathroom with a lovely scent that lasts a long time.

Great ideas I also do this with essential oils that I use in oil burners.

Woman Spraying Perfume
Fragrance Tips and Tricks
Better Living Frugal Living TipsFebruary 10, 2010
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
🎉
🎄