Mix Uninspired Fragrances Together

Do you have fragrance hanging around that you really don't like that much? Try mixing it up with other scents. Often you can find a combination that you will like.

I have some lily of the valley fragrance that I don't like alone, but it's fine mixed with citrus. And the older heavier perfumes can be added to bathwater to scent it; even if the perfume has evaporated and is somewhat deteriorated.

I find that citrus colognes such as 4711 and Jean Nate are great for mixing with other colognes. I fill my spray cologne bottle with a mixture of a few other scents for my own special blend.

Source: Myself, but Cher does it, too.

By pamphyila from L.A., CA

I did that just this morning before reading your post! I had 2 scents I picked up out of boredom from the dollar general -- normally I will use such inexpensive cologns to mist towels or sheets or spritz on cool light bulbs then turning on the light so it heats & warms the scent, but today I gave the 2 a chance together & it was wonderful! I mixed Agustin Reyes Royal Violets Eau de Cologn with a tiny amount of Prince Matchabelli Sexiest Musk fragrance body spary in the small red mister bottle it came in & loved it!

"great minds think alike!" ;)

Some mornings, I use a magazine insert perfume sample. Then, when freshening up in the evenings, I use Pure Fume, a FREE bottle of perfume I received for my birthday as an Aveda club member. Not only do I get to wear expensive scents, but I can do it free! :)

I love to add the older stronger fragrances to my bath water as well. It not only dilutes them , but it fills the bathroom with a lovely scent that lasts a long time.

Great ideas I also do this with essential oils that I use in oil burners.