Transporting a Horse - Categories:

Large AnimalsPets

Transporting a Horse

I am moving from Oregon to Idaho for a couple years to go to school and I need to get my horse there. I have a truck but no trailer. I need to find a trailer to rent. A one way rental would be nice? Anyone have any advice?

Kandice

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

We once bought a trailer, used it, and then sold it. It was worthwhile.

There are also companies that transport horses.

Contact U-haul.

Ask around at local stables. They will know of someone selling or renting a trailer if you are experienced transporting your horse yourself. If you are not, they will know of people in your area who transport horses for a living and would do it safely and also help minimize stress and other potential problems - dehydration, colic, heat exhaustion, injury, etc. I found a wonderful transporter within a half hour of my home with a very nice, roomy, comfortable multi-horse trailer and he was not at all expensive. My horse does not trailer well, but he was great with both of us. I have used him every time I have needed transport for almost 5 years now. I could not have given my horse such a comfortable and safe 5-hour ride myself for anywhere close to his price and without a lot of stress for me and my horse. He carries horses all over the country and sometimes splits fees if he can pick up another horse at his destination and not have to come back empty or take more than one horse at a time.

Pets Large AnimalsJuly 29, 2004
Velveteen Blanket
Cleaning a Velveteen Horse Blanket
woman Putting Groceries in Her Car
Tips for Transporting Food
Mare and Foal in a Corral
Saving Money on Horse Boarding
Rocking Horse
Recycled Rocking Horse Craft Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 4:52:48 PM on 10.0.0.123 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.