Video Boxes For Organizing Paperbacks

Are you a bookworm like me and the type of person that hates to give away books and reads them over and over again?

I was getting overwhelmed with paperbacks, they would be 2 deep on my shelves and I would have trouble finding the one I wanted. I brought home some of those video/photo boxes you can get at craft stores, and while organizing my videos, realized that they are also the perfect size for most standard sized paperback books. After a trip back to the store to purchase boxes in colors that would coordinate with my rooms, I sorted out my books by author or theme, stashed them in the boxes, and then used the label on the end to identify which author or theme was inside.

Now I have my fantasy, my mystery, and my historical fiction all at my fingertips. My shelves look nicer and less cluttered. I was able to double stack these on the shelves in some places, and in others I used the box as a "platform" for some figurines or other decorations.

By Regina from Rochester, NY

What a fabulous idea- my bookshelves are looking decidedly messy. This idea would make it look a whole lot neater.

I'd love to see a photo of your shelves - perhaps you could post one for us?

Thanks for sharing.

Monique x

Somerset UK

Picture of a several paperback books.
Organizing Your Book Collection
Organizing BooksJuly 3, 2007
Saving Money on Video Games
Saving Money on Video Games
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes
🎉
🎄