High School Reunion Party Favor Ideas

When planning a class reunion one of the decisions is making or choosing just the right favors. This is a guide about high school reunion party favor ideas.

Party Favor Ideas
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 27, 2007 Flag

I'm planning our 30th HS Reunion, and am in charge of decorating the hall. Knowing that many people will be shy and bring spouses who won't know anyone, I've come up with a decorating idea that encourages interaction and laughter.

Down the center of each table, I'll run streamers, in our school colors. Then, I'll lay out packages of candy and toys, from our childhood, the 60's and 70's. For example, boxes of candy cigarettes, pkgs. of pop rock candy, wax lips, gold mine bubble gum bags, etc. Also, small wooden yo yo's, glow in the dark peace-sign necklaces. In the center of each table, will be a centerpiece, including more nostalgia items to bring up conversation and memories.

I know this will be a hit! Just mentioning "pop rocks" has made some of us recall trying to eat them in civics class....not knowing they'd make loud noises! And in the middle of all of this, I am laying strips of laminated pictures, from our yearbook. I was going to laminate pages of the yearbook as placemats, but think that smaller strips, along with the candy and toys, will fit better.

By Kathy B. from Tampa Area

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 4, 2011 Flag

What would be a good gift for the tallest person?

By Nina

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A nice measuring tape!

A guy's tape measure, which is longer than the average 25 foot one. They have no metal exterior. Would like one myself!

For a gag gift, I'd suggest a small stuffed or ceramic giraffe. For a more practical one, I like LadyHarper's thought: a gift card to a "big-&-tall" store. You might want to make sure there's one near your tallest family member's home, looking up the store website should work. If you don't know the store's name, type "big and tall men's clothing" into your fave search engine and see what happens. Enjoy your reunion!

Read More Answers...

May 8, 2011 Flag

Where can I buy favors for a class reunion in amounts under 100? Every site I've found only offers them in lots of 100 or more. My class only has 20 people, so I don't need 100 of anything.

By Glenn

Did you try Oriental Trading (dot com)? You can often order things in smaller quantities. You might have to get 2 dozen, but someone's kids would like the extras.

Or you could go with edible favors, something like fancy cupcakes, personalized cookies, candies, or dipped apples. That way the guests have something to take away, but it gets consumed and no junk laying around!

If you only need twenty, you could make them yourself. It's thoughtful and original.

Best favor I got at a reunion was a badge with my high school picture on it. Someone had a "Badge a Minit" kit, made photocopies of our senior pictures from the yearbook and put them on the badge (don't know how). We wore the badges as name tags and then took them home for a souvenir. I still have mine and it's been about 20 years since that reunion!

Read More Answers...

March 22, 2011 Flag

I would like ideas for a 40th class reunion favor.

By Carol

If you could collect different pics from high school, you could do a slideshow. I have to agree with Jilson, by the time you get to the 40th, you couldn't care less about a favor. I don't know if you have the entertainment lined up but if you could get someone to do this spoof, it would be a hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDvLSC3xVlw&feature=related

I've seen packs of Beeman's, Clove and Black Jack gum recently. Anything like that which was around "back in the day" would be fun. Research on line to see where they can be found.

I went to my 50th reunion recently, someone had taken the class composite and made place mats for us. Sure got the conversation and memories flowing. Have a ball. Donna

Read More Answers...

March 11, 2011 Flag

I am planning a first time family reunion in Orlando, FL this August. I need ideas of where to write to, other than the local tourism bureau, for free fillers for attendee goodie bags.

Thanks.

By Linette from Houston, TX

If you know an Avon representative you might ask her/him if they could get you some demos of hand cream, body lotion, shower gel, etc. If you can't get them for free the rep. might give you a good deal on the stuff. Restaurants might have things like advertising magnets that they would give you. It might be a good idea to call the visitor's bureau and see if they have free maps of the area, with areas of interest marked on it. Check with a local girl scout group and see if they would make book markers for you, you might would have to furnish the supplies. I used to work for a non-profit and it was my job as fund raising approached to call different businesses and ask them to donate prizes various levels of competition. We found that the smaller locally owned businesses were much more eager to donate than the national chains. The national chains always gave us a phone number to call and we could never get hold of the person we had to speak to and they never called back. Depending on how many people you expect, a gas station might be willing to donate $2.00-$5.00 gift cards, knowing that the people would probably have to spend more than that to fill up. Convenience stores might be willing to donate candy bars or individual bags of chips. Banks or credit unions might donate pens of pencils with their name on it. All you can do is call around and ask. It might be harder to get freebies for a family reunion than a non-profit fundraiser, because for these fundraisers there are usually big name golfers or whatever the occasion calls for present. You can get many various inexpensive favor type things, candy, etc. from orientaltradingcompany.com It is mainly trinkets, etc., but they would work. I would use the smallest size bags you can find.

Check with your Chamber of Commerce. Sometimes they have items or they may be able to point you in a helpful direction.

Thanks, these are all great suggestions, I will follow up!

July 20, 2010 Flag

Class Reunion Survival Bag FavorOur class is having their 45th reunion this year. I took a paper lunch sack and made a sticker for the front of the bag that said: "I survived the EHS Class of '65 - 45th Reunion." I put the same sticker with information on a bottle of water, a package of Lifesavers, and a candy bar covered with a new cover regarding our reunion, and an ink pen.

I stapled the bag closed at the top and attached their name tag on it. I set the bags out on the table in no particular order and when they checked in they found their survival bag and met the folks at their table then could move to another table if the wished.

Carolyn - Eastmoor High School - Class of '65 - Columbus, OH

October 31, 2008 Flag

We are having a 20 yr. class reunion Slumber Party (Girls Only!) of course! I was wanting to put some party favors together for fun and was looking for some ideas!

Tonya from Texas

Hi Slumber party will be great fun! How about making bags with designs that reflect those "teen idols" of your period for example George Michael, Jason Donovon, Staurday Night Fever, Grease etc

Throw in party favors that includes games like Pac Man or candy that was fashionable during your school days like Superlemon candies, Jellybeans or Coke in glass bottles etc Buy cassette tapes with your favorite songs. Well cool shades like those worn by Tom Cruise in the movie "Top Gun" is also one of my favorites.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

http://www.parties-planning.com

I am probably putting too much thought/effort into it when something SIMPLE would do. I just don't want the girls going home BORED! I found these cute little "Sleep Over Diaries" thought those would be cute to put info. in!

Just not finding stuff in STORES and don't have time to order online and get it!

Doing mexican food too, what type of desserts should I lean towards?

Sounds like a great way to reconnect with your girlfriends. Since it is a slumber party, I would do gift bags of nail polish and face masks, since those activities were always popular at sleepovers. Don't forget to plan lots of games and activities around the slumber party theme.

Hope this helps,

Megan

Read More Answers...

June 6, 2012 Flag

It's our 35th reunion of smalltown USA. The first night is at a local hotel/spa bar for meet and greet, where dinner is available. Also on the grounds is a local community fund raiser, that brings in lots of alumni. The second evening is in the city at a high end dance bar and lounge. I have everything together except for a memorial board and reunion gift bags. It has to be something nice, but not costly. We plan reunions like this to meet all budgets. There are no covered charges and classmates can spend what they can afford.

By Cheryl

I would want a class photo, complete with all the names, in my gift bag. A pen and a nice note pad, or "autograph book" for addresses of old friends, would be great, also. And a small collectible, such as a coffee mug with a photo of the school on it.

Talk to photographers in your area and see if you can get a discount for a large order, in exchange for free advertising for them in all your reunion materials. You could also ask the local restaurants, etc., if they would give you discount coupons to put in the bags.

November 14, 2008 Flag

I need ideas for party favors or gifts for our 35th Class Reunion. Preferably things that do not cost a lot.

Debbie from Auburn, WA

Custom bumper stickers such as "I made it to my 35th reunion and survived" or "I went to my 35th reunion and all I got was this bumper sticker" or "35th Reunion or Bust". If you want something instead of that or in addition to it, a class photo transferred onto a felt pennant would be nice.

Back then you guys played records. What about mini picture frames that run about 50 cents? Paint them black and go to michael's crafts store or a hobby shop and buy mini records to hot glue on them. Then on the bottom of the frame glue letters saying class of 1974 or whatever, or you could paint it your school colors. Just a thought.

March 22, 2011 Flag

I am looking for ideas for a "useful" party favor for my 25 year class reunion.

By GinaSett from Boothwyn, PA

May 28, 2010 Flag

I am looking for ideas for class reunions favors.

Jo Ann from WV

Answers:

Class Reunion Party Favors

The M and M company has just come out with "personalized" M and Ms. They can put pictures and/or writing on them. They are really cool! Check out their website. (Class of____) as a suggestion. (06/25/2008)

By catastrofy

Class Reunion Party Favors

We had plastic megaphones (non-electric) in our school colors. They were used as centerpieces, set large side down and a cheerleader's pompom stuck in the top in school colors again. Very cute. (06/27/2008)

By nancycorinne

June 25, 2008 Flag

I need ideas on inexpensive personalized party favors for our 20 year high school reunion in November. We have done mugs for our 10th year.

Donna from Farmingdale, New York

Answers:

Class Reunion Party Favors

Do you have any crafty people on your reunion committee? I just made magnet wedding favors for my daughter's wedding. I spray painted wooden hearts and used silver and gold paint pens to write their names and the date of the wedding. You can buy magnet sheets or rolls in a craft store. I know you'll find the right favors... just have fun! (06/03/2005)

By Luvyabye

Class Reunion Party Favors

Take your Senior yearbook, copy pages, pictures, most likely to succeed, etc. Tape together for "table Cloths! Great conversation starters, plus lots of laughs! The picture is a Spring Cactus flower! Back east most think cactus is ugly....they've never see how pretty they can be!
(06/03/2005)

By Trish

Class Reunion Party Favors

You can buy ink pens in the school color and have the school name and graduation year written on the pen in the other school color. Everyone can use these and they make a great keepsake. You should be able to order them from an office supply or somewhere perhaps like Oriental Trade. (06/04/2005)

By Connie

Class Reunion Party Favors

For our 20th we walked away with... our school Alma Mater (printed on a nice 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" sheet) AND on top of that was our graduation quote - from the yearbook (same size paper) - our names were on the top so that we could look over everyones that was laid out on a table. (06/14/2005)

By Mrs.Jean

Class Reunion Party Favors

Don't forget the ever popular website OrientalTrading.com They sell lots of stuff, cheap. I'm sure you can get stuff personalized also.

At my 20th, we all were given bead necklaces in our school colors. The men wore them too. They were given at every function. Kind of cool. Left overs can be given away for craft projects. Schools and Child care places are always looking for items for their crafts. (06/23/2005)

By Rose

Class Reunion Party Favors

We are giving out CD's that we burned to each of the alumni. All of the music is from the year we graduated. 1985. If you can't do this yourself, if you hired a DJ they may be able to help you. Music takes everyone back in time! (08/08/2005)

By Michelle

Class Reunion Party Favors

I am doing a fake reunion - Mystery Night - in our community for 70 people. I don't know what special things I can use for table favors or ambiance. I cannot put anything on the walls of the Sales Office, where it is being held. I would like something really neat for people to see on the tables without taking up a lot of room. HELP! (11/14/2005)

By Kat Rahe

Class Reunion Party Favors

I think that the CD with music from the graduation year is a great idea, and inexpensive to do! You can customize the label with the school mascot graphic or a photo of the front of the school. (07/15/2006)

By Kim

Class Reunion Party Favors

My profession is event planning, so I feel I have to be on my "A" game when it comes to planning my own class reunion. Anyway, for one of the favors I am scanning the cap and gown pictures from my yearbook and I am using them for STUDENT ID'S. Their guest will get Visitor Passes. Just one of my ideas. I want it to be FUN. (03/29/2007)

By Visions

Class Reunion Party Favors

I am currently chairing my 25th High School reunion. Our party favor is a CD we are putting together to show as a presentation. We ask everyone to download snapshots of their high school years and any special moments in their lives since 1978. They can download for free on photobucket.com. One of the committee members is then retrieving those pictures and putting it to music to show at the event. Then everyone leaves with a copy. (04/21/2007)

By Krista

Class Reunion Party Favors

I am currently planning our 30th class reunion and we are creating a cd of music from our high school days and I contacted a gourmet cookie company about ordering either a tiger face cookie or tiger paw to be included in a gift bag for the classmates. (01/11/2008)

By Gwen Moore

Holidays and Parties Parties Party FavorsSeptember 15, 2012
A man teaching a computer class.
Teaching a Computer Class
High School Graduation Party Cupcakes
High School Graduation Party Ideas
High School Reunion
Making Memory Books for a High School Reunion
Class Reunion
Planning a High School Reunion
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 1:17:05 AM on 10.0.1.152 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.