Browsing: High School Reunion Party Favor Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

High School Reunion Party Favor Ideas

When planning a class reunion one of the decisions is making or choosing just the right favors. This is a guide about high school reunion party favor ideas.

Party Favor Ideas
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 27, 2007 Flag

I'm planning our 30th HS Reunion, and am in charge of decorating the hall. Knowing that many people will be shy and bring spouses who won't know anyone, I've come up with a decorating idea that encourages interaction and laughter.

Down the center of each table, I'll run streamers, in our school colors. Then, I'll lay out packages of candy and toys, from our childhood, the 60's and 70's. For example, boxes of candy cigarettes, pkgs. of pop rock candy, wax lips, gold mine bubble gum bags, etc. Also, small wooden yo yo's, glow in the dark peace-sign necklaces. In the center of each table, will be a centerpiece, including more nostalgia items to bring up conversation and memories.

I know this will be a hit! Just mentioning "pop rocks" has made some of us recall trying to eat them in civics class....not knowing they'd make loud noises! And in the middle of all of this, I am laying strips of laminated pictures, from our yearbook. I was going to laminate pages of the yearbook as placemats, but think that smaller strips, along with the candy and toys, will fit better.

By Kathy B. from Tampa Area

June 4, 2011 Flag

What would be a good gift for the tallest person?

By Nina

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A guy's tape measure, which is longer than the average 25 foot one. They have no metal exterior. Would like one myself!

For a gag gift, I'd suggest a small stuffed or ceramic giraffe. For a more practical one, I like LadyHarper's thought: a gift card to a "big-&-tall" store. You might want to make sure there's one near your tallest family member's home, looking up the store website should work. If you don't know the store's name, type "big and tall men's clothing" into your fave search engine and see what happens. Enjoy your reunion!

A yard stick or tape measure. Lol

Read More Answers...

May 8, 2011 Flag

Where can I buy favors for a class reunion in amounts under 100? Every site I've found only offers them in lots of 100 or more. My class only has 20 people, so I don't need 100 of anything.

By Glenn

Did you try Oriental Trading (dot com)? You can often order things in smaller quantities. You might have to get 2 dozen, but someone's kids would like the extras.

Or you could go with edible favors, something like fancy cupcakes, personalized cookies, candies, or dipped apples. That way the guests have something to take away, but it gets consumed and no junk laying around!

If you only need twenty, you could make them yourself. It's thoughtful and original.

Best favor I got at a reunion was a badge with my high school picture on it. Someone had a "Badge a Minit" kit, made photocopies of our senior pictures from the yearbook and put them on the badge (don't know how). We wore the badges as name tags and then took them home for a souvenir. I still have mine and it's been about 20 years since that reunion!

Read More Answers...

March 22, 2011 Flag

I would like ideas for a 40th class reunion favor.

By Carol

If you could collect different pics from high school, you could do a slideshow. I have to agree with Jilson, by the time you get to the 40th, you couldn't care less about a favor. I don't know if you have the entertainment lined up but if you could get someone to do this spoof, it would be a hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDvLSC3xVlw&feature=related

I've seen packs of Beeman's, Clove and Black Jack gum recently. Anything like that which was around "back in the day" would be fun. Research on line to see where they can be found.

I went to my 50th reunion recently, someone had taken the class composite and made place mats for us. Sure got the conversation and memories flowing. Have a ball. Donna

Read More Answers...

July 20, 2010 Flag

Class Reunion Survival Bag FavorOur class is having their 45th reunion this year. I took a paper lunch sack and made a sticker for the front of the bag that said: "I survived the EHS Class of '65 - 45th Reunion." I put the same sticker with information on a bottle of water, a package of Lifesavers, and a candy bar covered with a new cover regarding our reunion, and an ink pen.

I stapled the bag closed at the top and attached their name tag on it. I set the bags out on the table in no particular order and when they checked in they found their survival bag and met the folks at their table then could move to another table if the wished.

Carolyn - Eastmoor High School - Class of '65 - Columbus, OH

March 11, 2011 Flag

I am planning a first time family reunion in Orlando, FL this August. I need ideas of where to write to, other than the local tourism bureau, for free fillers for attendee goodie bags.

Thanks.

By Linette from Houston, TX

If you know an Avon representative you might ask her/him if they could get you some demos of hand cream, body lotion, shower gel, etc. If you can't get them for free the rep. might give you a good deal on the stuff. Restaurants might have things like advertising magnets that they would give you. It might be a good idea to call the visitor's bureau and see if they have free maps of the area, with areas of interest marked on it. Check with a local girl scout group and see if they would make book markers for you, you might would have to furnish the supplies. I used to work for a non-profit and it was my job as fund raising approached to call different businesses and ask them to donate prizes various levels of competition. We found that the smaller locally owned businesses were much more eager to donate than the national chains. The national chains always gave us a phone number to call and we could never get hold of the person we had to speak to and they never called back. Depending on how many people you expect, a gas station might be willing to donate $2.00-$5.00 gift cards, knowing that the people would probably have to spend more than that to fill up. Convenience stores might be willing to donate candy bars or individual bags of chips. Banks or credit unions might donate pens of pencils with their name on it. All you can do is call around and ask. It might be harder to get freebies for a family reunion than a non-profit fundraiser, because for these fundraisers there are usually big name golfers or whatever the occasion calls for present. You can get many various inexpensive favor type things, candy, etc. from orientaltradingcompany.com It is mainly trinkets, etc., but they would work. I would use the smallest size bags you can find.

Check with your Chamber of Commerce. Sometimes they have items or they may be able to point you in a helpful direction.

Thanks, these are all great suggestions, I will follow up!

October 31, 2008 Flag

We are having a 20 yr. class reunion Slumber Party (Girls Only!) of course! I was wanting to put some party favors together for fun and was looking for some ideas!

November 14, 2008 Flag

I need ideas for party favors or gifts for our 35th Class Reunion. Preferably things that do not cost a lot.

June 6, 2012 Flag

It's our 35th reunion of smalltown USA. The first night is at a local hotel/spa bar for meet and greet, where dinner is available. Also on the grounds is a local community fund raiser, that brings in lots of alumni.

Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties Party FavorsSeptember 15, 2012
A man teaching a computer class.
Teaching a Computer Class
High School Graduation Party Cupcakes
High School Graduation Party Ideas
High School Reunion
Making Memory Books for a High School Reunion
Class Reunion
Planning a High School Reunion
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 9:16:53 PM on 10.0.0.143 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.