Decorating Wood Furniture

Does anyone know how to make furniture similar to the piece pictured? I would like to make one as a gift for a friend's birthday. Thank you.

By Mar Apl from Greece

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You need to measure it all over, the width, sides & the drawers & how tall it is, then get the kind of wood you want to build it with, good luck.

Do you mean make the whole chest/piece of furniture, or do you wish to decorate it in this fashion?

The style is French and it involves crackle glaze, pictures cut from magazines and stencilling, used with a pastel paint it can be very effective. Hope this helps.

This looks like something my 25 yr old daughter would want in her apartment. I think you could achieve the look with some wallpaper. Taking off all the knobs, I would start with a light sanding. Using wallpaper paste will stay longer than prepasted.You can also purchase a spray glue if you want instead of the paste. If not, I think there are some mural stores on Etsy. You'll have to show us the results! (Check out this on I saw on the net too!)

Painting a wood chair.
Decorating Wood Furniture
Make Your Own FurnitureDecember 1, 2009
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 9:57:57 AM on 10.0.1.151 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.