Recommendations for Floor Brush

I'm tearing my hair out over my floor brush. I've tried all sorts of different types but they all end up getting bent and covered in fluff which I can't get off. Has anyone discovered a type of brush that this doesn't happen to? It's disgusting!

CC from UK

Editor's Note: We'd call this a push broom in the states.

Floor Brush

Try a vacuum.

Google rubber broom.

When I get gunk or dust bunnies stuck on the bristles I run my broom outside on our brick wall. It pulls off all the hair and dust bunnies. I don't know why I decided to do this but I have been doing it for years. Good luck.

I don't use my broom much at all any more, I'm very happy using the Swiffer system (it's a hard rubber pad on a long handle, attached by a universal joint, to which you attach disposable wipes).

My thrift angle on this is that I just tried using an old terry-cloth rag on it, same size as the disposables, and it's great. My dog sheds so my floor gets very visibly ready to be swiffed every day, and this terrycloth works okay. I haven't even removed it to be washed, I just pull off the big roll of dog hair, then tap it against one rock outside, and gently set it in its storage place for next time. If it's just dust on a smooth floor, that's all I need.

When I use my push broom, I get the hair and whatnot out of it with a dinner fork or small garden rake. God Bless you!

I, too, use Swiffer with 4 dogs, but instead of buying the refills, use Handy Wipes cut in half. They can be washed many times before you have to discard them.

Don't BUY anything to use on your Swiffer 'head'. Just cut an old tee shirt or dish towel, etc that you'd normally use for a cleaning rag to the appropriate size and attach it to the Swiffer. Rinse it out then toss it in the washer! I haven't bought refills for over a year.

I have a cleaning business and there is nothing more dirtier than sweeping. Sweeping is OK for a quick cleanup, but your best bet is to use your vacuum with a hard floor attachment. Even a swiffer leaves heavier particles on your floor (like sand). Sweeping, especially if you have shedding pets, is really just pushing the hair around. I clean for this one family that has 2 dogs. She has all hard floors and only uses a broom. When I moved her couches and gathered up all the dog hair that was underneath, there was a pile of hair about 16 inches high altogether! I showed her what her sweeping acomplishes and she no longer sweeps (thank goodness!). Vacumming makes sure you suck out everything out of all the little cracks on the floor so that when you mop, your not just spreading hair and dirt around.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsJune 28, 2007
Wooden hairbrush on a black background.
Cleaning Hairbrushes
Cleaning Hair from a Brush
Removing Hair from Brushes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet