Solve the "What to pack for lunch?" Question

I live too far away from work to go home to eat and I can't afford $3-$4 per day that it takes to go to fast food restaurants. Since I live alone, I only cook 1 day a week, usually on Sunday afternoons. I may make red or black beans and rice, a hamburger helper dish, homemade soup, or some other inexpensive, healthy casserole. This I divide into 4-6 plastic containers. Next I divide a jar of applesause or a carton of cottage cheese into additional plastic containers. Often I will make 4-5 containers of jello.

I love salads and will divide those into containers as well. Cutting up fruit (melon, strawberries, etc.) is good when in season. I buy the baby carrots and divide into several zippered bags along with cauliflower, broccoli, celery, pepper sticks, or whatever sounds good. If I make biscuits or muffins, I bag them individually and freeze. I then pull my choices for the day from the smorgasbord in my refrigerator. No day's lunch is the same. This also helps to regulate my portion sizes. This would work for anyone who has access to a microwave oven at lunch.

By Sue H

Pack up leftovers for lunch. You don't want to eat the same for several meals, so skip a day between the meals and leftovers.

Packed Lunch
Packed Lunch Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food TipsAugust 30, 2004
LED Lightbulb
Using LED Lightbulbs
green peppers growing
Growing Peppers and Tomatoes Together
chickens in winter
Insulating a Chicken Coop
Fly paper strips hanging by clothes pins.
Making Fly Paper
🎉
🎄