Browsing: Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

How do I get cat vomit out of a wool carpet?

By Alison from Scunthorpe, UK

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

After lifting up the clumps, I use Resolve pet cleaner and a scrub brush in the cleaning aisle of your food store. It works for me and removes the smell and stain. Use in a corner first to see if it will effect the color of your carpet.

October 22, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have a way to get rid of cat throw-up stains? I have been using Oxyclean/water about 2 tbls to one quart of water, I mix my own in a spray bottle, it gets up most but not all of the stain.

Sandra from Encino, CA

Answers:

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

I have two very old cats who vomit on the carpet and I also have tried everything. I purchased a Bissel Carpet Shampooer, appox. $120.00, including the soap. Every stain, even old ones came out and it is as easy as vacuuming.

Give it a try. (08/21/2007)

By Joan

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Baby wipes work pretty good, too! (08/21/2007)

By lavonneann

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Try using shave cream. Squirt some on the carpet, wait a few minuted, take a brush and brush well. Then use a wet rag to absorb the dirt. (08/22/2007)

By GRANDMA

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Try Natures Miracle. Scrub it with a brush. Let it sit a while first. A more toxic way to do it is Resolve. I don't like the smell, but it seems to work on anything! (08/23/2007)

By Katrina

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

I too have the same problem with my darling cat, she is forever doing the wet fur ball throw up all over my home too. I keep a spray bottle of water and vinegar at hand (more vinegar than water). I spray and then immediately blot with paper towels. If the stain is too dark in color then I spray with Castrol Cleaner and use a scrub brush. It never fails me. However if your carpets are that of a color I would dilute the Castrol as it is very strong and might fade your carpet. Mine is a very light color and it works fine. Castrol can be found in Walmart in the cleaning section for autos. I hope this can help you out. Let me know and good luck, Pat (08/24/2007)

By Sadiesnana

RE: Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

October 22, 2010 Flag

Sandra from Encino, CA

Answers:

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Give it a try. (08/21/2007)

By Joan

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

By lavonneann

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

By GRANDMA

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

By Katrina

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

By Sadiesnana

RE: Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

October 22, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have a way to get rid of cat throw-up stains?

August 19, 2007 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetOctober 22, 2010
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Wool Sweater
Removing Stains From Wool Clothing
Cleaning a Leather Couch
Vomit on a Leather Couch
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 7:10:32 AM on 10.0.2.241 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.