Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

How do I get cat vomit out of a wool carpet?

By Alison from Scunthorpe, UK

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

After lifting up the clumps, I use Resolve pet cleaner and a scrub brush in the cleaning aisle of your food store. It works for me and removes the smell and stain. Use in a corner first to see if it will effect the color of your carpet.

Answer

Does anyone have a way to get rid of cat throw-up stains? I have been using Oxyclean/water about 2 tbls to one quart of water, I mix my own in a spray bottle, it gets up most but not all of the stain.

Sandra from Encino, CA

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

I have two very old cats who vomit on the carpet and I also have tried everything. I purchased a Bissel Carpet Shampooer, appox. $120.00, including the soap. Every stain, even old ones came out and it is as easy as vacuuming.

Give it a try. (08/21/2007)

By Joan

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Baby wipes work pretty good, too! (08/21/2007)

By lavonneann

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Try using shave cream. Squirt some on the carpet, wait a few minuted, take a brush and brush well. Then use a wet rag to absorb the dirt. (08/22/2007)

By GRANDMA

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Try Natures Miracle. Scrub it with a brush. Let it sit a while first. A more toxic way to do it is Resolve. I don't like the smell, but it seems to work on anything! (08/23/2007)

By Katrina

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

I too have the same problem with my darling cat, she is forever doing the wet fur ball throw up all over my home too. I keep a spray bottle of water and vinegar at hand (more vinegar than water). I spray and then immediately blot with paper towels. If the stain is too dark in color then I spray with Castrol Cleaner and use a scrub brush. It never fails me. However if your carpets are that of a color I would dilute the Castrol as it is very strong and might fade your carpet. Mine is a very light color and it works fine. Castrol can be found in Walmart in the cleaning section for autos. I hope this can help you out. Let me know and good luck, Pat (08/24/2007)

By Sadiesnana

RE: Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sandra from Encino, CA

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Give it a try. (08/21/2007)

By Joan

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

By lavonneann

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

By GRANDMA

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

By Katrina

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

By Sadiesnana

RE: Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sandra from Encino, CA

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Give it a try. (08/21/2007)

By Joan

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

By lavonneann

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

By GRANDMA

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

By Katrina

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

By Sadiesnana

RE: Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetOctober 22, 2010
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Cleaning a Leather Couch
Vomit on a Leather Couch
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Odor from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 1, 2016 at 2:03:42 AM on 10.0.2.77 in 632 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.