Home Made Italian Dressing with Pepperoncini Juice

We love the pepperoncini peppers (and jalapenos, too). The other day I had finished a jar of peppers and was getting ready to dump the pepper juice (vinegar) down the drain, and put the jar into the recycle bin, when I decided to try using the pepper vinegar to make Italian dressing. I left the juice in the jar and added some vegetable oil and some Italian Seasoning. I closed the jar and shook it up.

That night I shook it up again and put it on my salad. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. You can probably use pickle juice if you don't like the "heat" of the peppers. (My niece likes pickle juice popsicles but I can't bring myself to make those. I'd rather throw away the juice, or use it to make pickled eggs.) Anyway, you may have to adjust the proportions to your own liking but this is a good place to start:

Home Made Italian Dressing

• 1/3 cup vinegar (or pepper juice)
  • 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning

Enjoy!

:-)

By Margaret from Texas

I use the juice to flavor mayonnaise for my husband and sons sandwiches.

A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Italian Dressing Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Salad DressingApril 5, 2006
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
A glass of orange juice.
Saving Money on Juice
🎄