Homemade Birdseed Wreath
This cute wreath will bring your feathered friends together for a good meal. Made from birdseed and a few household items, this hanging feeder can give you many pleasurable hours of bird watching.
- 1 bundt cake pan with multiple small cake cavities
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 cups bird seed
- pan spray
- 8 inches of red ribbon per wreath
- 1 chenille stick per wreath
- butcher paper
- Spray your pan and set aside.
- Mix the flour, water, and corn syrup together. Add in the birdseed. Mix well with hands and add handfuls to each cavity of cake pan.
- Press firmly in place and allow to sit overnight.
- Lay out a sheet of butcher paper and turn your cake pan over so you are dumping out the contents.
- Make a ribbon for the wreath out of a red chenille stick by making a loop and bringing it back over and making the second loop.
- Tie a red ribbon around the wreath and add the red chenille bow.
- Tie it outside for the birds to enjoy.
Tip: I used the red ribbon and chenille stick because I thought it would attract the birds better. This would make a wonderful gift for an older friend who enjoys birdwatching or for someone who has everything. Just wrap it in clear wrap and pass along the smiles.
By GEM from VA
August 1, 20110 found this helpful
This is so pretty and it is so sweet for the birds to have! What a joyful craft!
August 6, 20110 found this helpful
Thank you for this craft! I love watching the birds at our feeders, and I know they will love this. It should attract a lot of woodpeckers, which is always a treat. You got my vote!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 9:31:38 PM on 10.0.2.88 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us