IKEA Duvet Cover Reviews

I've been considering buying a duvet cover from IKEA, can anyone tell me if they like theirs? I don't want to get something that is going to shrink in the wash or need a lot of ironing.

Thanks!
Amanda from Niles, OH

When we walked though the store, I could smell the fabric - and that tells me they used cheap dyes somewhere in there.

Whatever you buy in cloth, if you can smell the color, it won't be colorfast.

WELL, I bought a duvet cover from Bed, Bath and Beyond...grand daughter wanted a white bedspread, got this and put her old spread inside it...worked OK that way, however, WHITE and you have to iron the darn thing every time and it is BIG even though it is only a twin size!!

Retired it for a while after several months use LOL

have you looked at value city?

I have one from IKEA and I love it. I don't iron it, but I'm not super picky. I think it looks good - it has a floral pattern. I alternate it with another duvet so I keep my bedroom looking fresh!

Here is what I did. Measured my down comforter and then bought two flat sheets that were just a little larger, sewed them together leaving an opening on the bottom and put velcro to close the slit. I left about a 36 inch opening.

If you wanted to change colors in room, you could put a different color sheet on each side of cover.

I have had several IKEA duvet covers and have been pleased with them. They have great colors and designs and are often cheaper than the other stores. However, I believe they are all 100% cotton, so you may need to iron it- or you can take it out of the dryer still damp, shake it and spread it on your bed to finish drying before putting the comforter inside. Consider making a duvet cover by sewing together two flat sheets- different colors/patterns on each side makes it reversible.

Yes, I think that the covers from IKEA are perfect! They don't shrink in the wash and they make you feel so warm. I just bought one today and couldn't stop bragging about it!

-Sarah Mills

Westwood New Jersey

ok, color me stupid but i have to ask..

how is a duvet cover different from a comforter ?

Hey amanda, i have had a bunch of ikea duvet covers. There really nice because you can change them whenever you want. I have a twin bed and they only cost $19.99 so whenever i get sick of my old one i just slip it off and buy a new one

They are absolutely great. Really comfortable and stylish. Not to mention they are a great price. I would recommend them any day!

I've had mine for 7 years and cold water washed the color has stayed as vibrant as ever. GREAT buy and still very trendy.

Well, I want to to get a duvet cover cuz I think they're RAD!! Did you know that you can also use it as a regular blanket. lmaoo. :]

Consumer AdviceJanuary 20, 2006
Decorating Ikea Mirrors
Decorating Ikea Mirrors
Homemade Heart Duvet Covers
Homemade Duvet Covers
End view of rolled comforter.
Make Your Own Comforter Cover
Dog Crate
Making a Dog Crate Cover
🎄