Turkey Roll Ups

Simple and scrumptious.

• 12 slices of deli turkey breast, cut fairly thick, but thin enough to roll up*
  • 12 thin slices of Provolone cheese
  • Ad
  • 1 box of Stove Top Turkey dressing
  • 1 small jar of turkey gravy

*You can choose either the smoked or plain style turkey, according to your taste.

Make stuffing according to directions on box. Lay down 1 slice of turkey. Top turkey with cheese slice. Take 1/4 cup of stuffing and compress it slightly so that it will hold together. Place stuffing on top of the turkey and cheese slices.

Roll up jellyroll style. Secure with toothpicks to keep them from unrolling. Spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with Pam and place the rolls into the dish. Pour the gravy over the rolls. (If I have extra dressing left, I put it in the spaces around or on top of the rolls.) Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes.

Source: I got this recipe from a friend some time ago and have made it countless times. It's a request from my grown children and their wives. Now they are serving it to their friends and getting rave reviews as well. It really looks and tastes like you've spent hours, when in fact it's so simple you don't even need to follow the recipe once you have made it. When you are having just a few people for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, it's just as good as the turkey and dressing you work hours to prepare and tastes just as good. I can't wait to hear what you readers think of it.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

we call them turkey rolls and my family loves them!!

I'm going to try this with some Smoked Turkey lunchmeat I already have in the freezer. Even though it is thinner, I will put several layers together to try to replicate the thickness. I realize it won't be the same but I like to use what I have on hand. I hope it works out, sounds really good. Someday when the deli turkey is on sale I will try it the "real" way!

Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays Thanksgiving Main DishNovember 23, 2008
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Tortilla Roll-Ups
Tortilla Roll-Up Recipes
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup