Baby/Toddler "Emergency" Kit

My husband (and I!) have been known to run out of the house and leave our son's diaper bag behind, thinking we'd only be out for just a few minutes and wouldn't need it. Well, on more than one occasion, that "quick" trip lasted longer than we thought! Of course, what wound up happening while we were out was that our son needed a diaper change, or worse, his diaper leaked and his clothes got wet!

To avoid being caught unprepared again, I made two "emergency" kits. I took two plastic zippered bags (like you'd use for travel to put cosmetics and toiletries in), put in a diaper, some wipes in a plastic baggie, and even a pair of shorts and a spare t-shirt. I stashed one in each car. If we ever find ourselves without the diaper bag again, at least we have a spare diaper, wipes, and a change of clothes on hand!

By Lisa

An emergency diaper kit for babies.

Thanks thats a good dd and b/f forget to take extra clothes with maybe Grandma better make up an emergency kit for grandson to stash in her van for such emergencies (tee hee considering they use our vechiles all the time anyway) take care

Great idea! This reminds me of a story I read one time. With your first baby, you stock the diaper bag with multiple changes of clothing and diapers, and food or formula for a week. For Baby #2 you put a diaper and a bottle in your purse when you go out. For Baby #3 you borrow a diaper when you get there!

Photos OrganizationSeptember 16, 2005
Emergency Reflector
Make Your Own Emergency Reflectors
Toddler Restaurant Kit
Making a Toddler Restaurant Kit
red first aid bag
Stocking an Avian Emergency Kit
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas