Jeweled Gift Boxes

I bought the boxes at the dollar store and thought to myself that even though they were pretty I thought they could use some sparkle. I had some leftover beads from making Christmas ornaments so I decided to sparkle up my boxes.

That this was a craft that I could do in front of the TV was a big plus; I couldn't miss my cooking shows. I also thought this would be a great way to jazz up those decorated cardboard boxes we all have that may be looking a little tired.

1/2 hour maximum depending on how many of them you are doing

• Dollar store boxes
  • left over gems, small tri-beads pearls, and any other small sparklers
  • good strong glue
    I used regular white Elmers

Jeweled Gift Boxes 2

The boxes I used had a oriental feel so I chose to bead where ever there was a flower on the fabric. On the green box I free formed a branch on the fabric. I took the white glue and straight from the bottle I applied a small dab of glue and the pushed on a small bead. On the boxes that have two layers of beads I let the first bead dry then added a second bead. This could be used to decorate any fabric or wooden box.

Jeweled Gift Boxes

Wow this looks cool!

Nice way to add a little "bling" to a once simple box!

Makes you think of lots of other possibilities!

Jazzes them up, you're so right. I used to do this to most everything bland, but forgot about it along the way to retirement. Thanks for reminding me. God bless you. : )

Homemade Heart Gift Boxes
Homemade Gift Boxes
Crafts OtherDecember 12, 2006
Making a Valentine's Day Gift Box
folded paper box
Making Folded Paper Gift Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes