Alternative Uses For Wine

Does anyone know alternative uses for wine other than food related? I have about 2 gallons of homemade wine that was left by a previous house owner. I don't really want to eat/drink it since I didn't make it and don't want to use it. Can it be used for cleaning/plants/gardens. Any ideas for use?

Hi,

My neighbor worked for Gallo winery and said they used wine to clean the cement floor daily. I have heard that Thunderbird wine it is good for garage floors also with grease spills. I haven't tried it but what have you got to lose?

What about contacting the old owner. Maybe he would like it back or a neighbor that knew him would like to have it.

Let it sit long enough and it will turn to vinegar, it may be already. It can be used as a household cleaner where ever vinegar would be used normally, one caution, if it's red, don't use it where it will stain.C

If it is white wine it is great for getting red wine, grape juice, etc out of carpets...just pour it on and the stains disappear

If it's a colored wine - it's great for dying (staining) fabrics. I used a deep red wine to color some muslin and made some great looking curtains! Just let it soak to a shade slightly darker than what you want then wring it out and dry to set. (Use a cold water wash for care.) Worked great for me !!

If you have fruit flies in your house, set an open bottle of wine on the counter. They will fly in but can't fly out and will drown.

Alternative Uses for Wine, Wine being poured into a glass.
Alternative Uses for Wine
Better Living Green Living ReusingOctober 31, 2007
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Wine Crate Treasure Boxes
Uses for Wine Crates
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄