Popeye and Olive Oyl Costumes

Popeye's arms are two pairs of tights (one inside the other) stuffed in the middle with stuffing and sewn to the sleeve of his shirt. I used some red material to pin around his neck for his collar and his yellow karate belt for his waist.

Olive Oyl's skirt is made out of felt and the shirt has white felt sewn on the sleeves and neck. She is wearing a black wig that was wrapped in the back so it could stick out.

Source: The kids got the idea from the cartoons and I made the costumes from my creativity

By Julie from Bellingham, MA

Cute, cute cute!

Very well done and I love that Popeye's costume was complete with corncob pipe ;-) IMHO these costumes are a Halloween contest winner!

Very realistic costumes. A lot of hard work went into creation and construction. Good work!

kids dressed as the characters
Making Popeye and Olive Oyl Costumes
Crafts Halloween CostumesNovember 4, 2009
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
Olive Garden
Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
Boy in Devil Costume
Making a Devil Costume
oil lamp on white background
Using Olive Oil as Fuel for Oil Lamps
🎉
🎄