Holiday Shelf Liner Table Runner
This table runner, made out of shelf liner, makes a decorative addition to your holiday table.
- rubber shelf liner
- gold or silver metallic spray paint
- large piece of cardboard or drop cloth
- stencils of the shape you want or cookie cutters to trace.
- clear varnish
- Cut the shelving liner as straight as possible to the size needed for your table.
- Lay the shelving liner on drop cloth/cardboard and spray paint until completely covered, let dry. You only need to spray paint it on one side.
- Spray with clear varnish to seal the gold paint. Let dry.
- When completely dry, turn the shelving liner over measure in about four inches from each end and cut fringe as wide as desired on each side (mine was 1/4 inch wide).
- Trace your shapes onto the back of the self liner. If you have a center piece, you can leave a place in the middle without cut outs.
- Cut the shapes out, turn over and place on your table.
- You can use the shapes that you cut out as ornaments, put names on them and use as table name tags, gift tags etc.
About The Author: Stella contributes craft ideas to ThriftyFun.com. If you have any craft ideas that you would like to share with Stella and ThriftyFun community, please submit them here.
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
December 24, 20050 found this helpful
I really like this idea. Especially the cookie cutter idea. You can get these shelf liners in all sorts of colors. Wonderful!
Related Content(article continues below)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 12, 2017 at 1:39:57 PM on 10.0.2.153 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us