Casualty of Pet Food?

Be VERY careful what you feed your animals! I received my "new baby" a rat terrier puppy on Thursday. I fed him a portion of a new can of dog food that was NOT on the recall list and he was dead by early Saturday morning. Animal owners, Please do some research on this. Sad in KS.

By Linda B. from Garnett, KS

Rat Terrier Rat Terrier

Linda:

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your little puppy. The pictures are adorable. My heart goes out to you. Thanks for taking the time to give the rest of us a heads up. I will definitely be more careful than ever. God Bless.

Oh my what a sweet little dog, I'm so sorry for you, that is so sad.It breaks my heart. Big hugs.

Ms Linda I am sorry to hear of your loss. I just got a new Rat Terrier puppy myself. I know someone who lives in Kansas who has some if you want another one. I can get it for FREE for you,if you would take a male. Let me know, ok? Just email me. My email address is: grbarnaba AT yahoo.com

I'm So sorry U*n*U

Awe. How heartbreaking. Your "baby" was adorable. I am so so very sorry for your loss.

All blessings to you.

Please don't blame yourself for the death of your puppy. He may have had problems before you got him.....that were not related to the dog food "you" fed him! I was under the impression (but I could be wrong) that the kidney damage etc was a result of many days, weeks ? of feeding contaminated food. I truly don't think YOU harmed your puppy! He certainly was adorable and I'm sorry for your loss.

God Bless You. I am so sorry for your loss. What a little darling. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Oh nooooooooooo. What a sad way to start my morning. My hearts aches for you. Did you by any chance notify the maker of the pet food ? It is amazing that something like this has happened to so many of our little four legged animals.I hope there is much more control from now on. I'm also wishing there is a way that you are able to get the one offered to you above here.Let us all know. Hugs ~Holly

I want to Thank each one of you for your kind & caring words.

I just want everyone to be careful. It is so hard to know what to feed your pets. From all of the things I have read about the pet foods. Most Vets are recommending you cook "people" food for them. They say the tainted food is still on the shelves & alot of them haven't been recalled yet.

Thank you so much grbarnaba for the offer of a new puppy. I am supposed to be getting a new one in July. My husband is not convinced yet that its a good idea. (yet lol)

Thank you all again! What a blessing you all are!

Linda

So sorry to hear about your puppy... but why wouldn't you mention the name brand of that dog food so the rest of us can save our own pets?

It was Pedigree(can)

ARE YOU SURE IT WAS THE DOG FOOD AND NOT SOMETHING THE PUPPY MAY HAVE HAD WHEN YOU GOT IT?

My heart aches for you. Losing a pet truly is losing your closest, dearest friend. No matter what amount of time you had together.

I am so sorry. He looks such a lovely puppy from the photographs.

Linda, I am so so sorry for your loss, it just brings tears to my eyes. Such a sweet little puppy, he is in animal heaven now and has no pain, but now you need to take care of you and your broken heart. Just know that all the thrifty people are thinking about you and wish you well.

I'm so sorry for your loss. When I was a child, we had a rat terrier named Pepper, looked a lot like yours, and she was a wonderful dog. I hope you find a new love when you and your husband are ready. And thank you for the heads up - I worry every day about what I feed my dog. I'll just keep cooking for her now.

sorry about your loss he is so cute that is so sad. i take care of 3 full grown rat terriers, but i havent seen any when they are puppies.

My prayers and thoughts are with you. Remember the "Rainbow Bridge" google it and read the poem.

I am also sorry about the loss of your pet. My year old American Pit Bull Terrier got sick ( bloody stools, vomiting ) in late Feb. Poison dog food warnings/recalls came out shortly after. Food I was giving her was on list, but not the same lot/upc numbers. Took her to the vet, $350.00 later (blood tests, organ scans etc.) showed nothing. Vet gave her antibiotics, ulcer-type med. , worm med. & prescrip. dog food. Bea seemed to get better & I fed her grocery store dog food after about 2 weeks. The symptoms all came back - lots of bleeding. The vet said she would need to go into hospital. I took her off all store bought dog food on my own, & she recovered. No more digestive problems. I will never go back to dog food. What a shame that so many people have to worry about this and some have lost furbabies because of it. My prayers to all who have. I still worry about my cats. They are picky & don't like a lot of "people" food.

Linda.. thanks so much for letting us know it was Pedigree. That's what I USED to use. I stopped using it as soon as the recalls started coming out. I didn't waste any time. I don't trust these companies at all. It's all about getting the almighty dollar.

Thanks again and I'm sorry for the loss of your cutie pie.

omg i feel sooo sad for you, if you decide to get another puppy soon i reccomend feeding him/her hard dog food that has been soaked in water for a while to soften it.once again, sorry for the loss.:(

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your puppy...

May u know that people who love animals feel your loss and are very sadden.

with regards

janet

Im so sorry for your loss, poor little thing. There are alot of people out there that have lost an animal (friend) and are feeling for you.

Photos Pets DogsApril 19, 2007
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
Pet Food in Bowl
Buying Pet Food
Stainless steel pet food dishes.
Pet Food Dish Ideas
🎄