Carburetor Fills With Gas When Mower is Shut Off

My lawn tractor has a Kohler engine. When it is shut off gas will flow into the carburetor and fill it up with gas. I can hear the click on the carburetor when I turn the key off and on. What is causing this problem? Thank you.

By Bruce from Marion,IN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

First see if there is a fuel shutoff valve, if so then turn it off after you stop. If not then the cap is likely plugged and new gas cap may fix it, as with all gas engine the gas cap has a breather hole and it may be plugged causing the pressure to push the gas into the carburator. I would also replace the spark plug while yopur at it. I hope this helps, God bless you

Cut the gas line in the middle, and install a fuel shut off.

Lawn Mower Carburetor
Repairing a Lawn Mower Carburetor
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersMarch 24, 2011
Riding Lawn Mower
Repairing a Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower
Mowing With Weed Wacker
Mowing a Lawn Without a Mower
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
Opening Frozen Car Door
Opening a Door That is Frozen Shut
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 10:16:18 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.