Using Wallpaper for Gift Wrap

Old leftover wallpaper makes great gift wrap! Stick a piece of old lace or ribbon around your gift and you've got one beautiful package. I'm an avid recycler, why waste that leftover wallpaper? Also, most thrift stores sell rolls of wallpaper for a fraction of what you'd pay for new gift wrap.

By Susan from Mattoon, IL

I have lots and lots of rolls of wallpaper and use them for most anything...and wrapping gifts with it is a beautiful idea...I have even made bows out of it.

I buy wallpaper at thrift shops, yard sales, etc. and sometimes you can buy a double roll for 25 cents...that is a lot of wallpaper for such a small price. thank you for sharing this great tip.

I've been doing it, too. Sometimes the wallpaper is stiff or the finish makes tape hard to stick but a glue stick seems to work well. Also, you can use a stapler and make big bags for oversized gifts. I punch holes in in the wallpaper and thread ribbon through the holes. That way they can be used over and over.

Roll of Leftover Wallpaper
Uses for Leftover Wallpaper
Crafts Gifts Wrapping PaperDecember 20, 2005
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄