Mashed Potato Chicken

My dad found a recipe like this on the back of an instant mashed potato box like 15 years ago, he modified it, passed it to me, and I have modified it myself. It is so yummy!

• 4 large chicken breasts
  • 1 stick of melted butter (you can also use 2 large eggs, beaten)
  • 2 cups of instant mashed potato flakes
  • 1 tsp. of the following; sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, parsley, oregano, and garlic powder
  • a pinch of paprika for color
  • about 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese (the kind in the container)

Directions:

Take the salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, garlic powder, and cheese and mix it into the mashed potato flakes until well blended. Dip the chicken breast in the butter (or egg) get it all coated, then dip it into the flakes, make sure you cover it really well. Repeat for all of the chicken.

Set oven at 350 degrees F. Put chicken on a tin foil wrapped cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is done. I serve mine with some home made mashed potatoes and corn on the cob, it is also very good with Mac and Cheese.

Enjoy!

Servings: 2-4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes

By alex from Lake City, MI