Pringles Lid Suncatcher

I have a craft idea but thought I would run it by you all to see if maybe someone else had already tried it. I do beadwork but keep my broken beads, just in case. I was thinking today that if I put a 1/4" of glue in a clear Pringles lid and let it get tacky, then I could put the broken pieces on the glue. When it dries clear, punch a hole through and hang it like a suncatcher.

Does this sound feasible to anyone or am I jumping out into left field? Any imput would be appreciated.

Tonya from Tyler, Texas

Hi Tonya,

I don't know if a pringles lid would be clear enough to catch the sun the way you mentioned. Unless I misunderstand and you intend to remove the lid after the glue is dried. But I'm thinking polyurithane as a clear, more permenant coat to hold it all together. Maybe a pane of glass from a picture frame, or decorate the frame as well. I'm just guessing here, I like the idea, and want to know how it turns out please.

Tina from Lufkin

Tina - Actually the lids on Pringles now are totally clear. Yes, I was thinking of popping it out of the lid. I am concerned about it being sticky being made out of glue. Actually I was thinking about those garden stones that they make out of plaster of paris. I was just thinking of a smaller version.

I actually haven't done this yet. I was just throwing it out there to get some feedback. I guess I do it with the Pringle lid and plaster of paris, huh?

I wish I could post pictures but I don't have a camera. I am looking at getting a digital camera but that is another whole deal, right? LOL

Thanks for your suggestion on the polyurethane.

Tonya

How about spreading beads and small items in pringles lid in the cover with resin. I was so afraid of using it but it works great just let harden on flat surface. maybe after it hardens you could use small drill to make hole for hanging. Might make neat teachers gifts. Good luck!-Lisa

I don't work with beads , but sounds like a great idea to me, only way tofind out is to do it ! would make great xmas gifts I would think, I know Iwould like one . :-)

I'd punch a hole first and put something - straw, toothpick, whatever matches the hole size - through it before I glued the beads. Also make sure you role the edges through glue and then beads to make the effect thorough.

Lisa - I have never used resin before. Can you, or anyone else here, tell me how it works? Thanks for all the great feedbacks from everyone.

Tonya

Our kids have made those. They handed them out for Christmas presents a few years ago, and people loved them! We didn't use beads, but did use glitter, which added extra sparkle. Make sure to let the glue dry thoroughly.

Good luck!

Amy

What a great idea!!I am going to try this as soon as i can get my hands on some pringles lids..And maybe small lids from other containers .Good idea!!Thank you for something useful to do during those long winter days when there is nothing else to do.""

Crafts Recycled CraftsSeptember 28, 2006
pan with lid
Removing a Lid Stuck on a Pan
lace tank topper
Making Toilet Tank/Lid Covers
Two metal garbage cans.
Keeping the Lid on Your Garbage Can
Pringles can.
Uses for Pringles Cans
🎉
🎄