Logins, Passwords and Security Questions

I use my computer constantly and have for many years. Along the way, I've joined many, many sites, forums, etc. with user names and passwords. I use the same for most, but there are those that require something a little different and mine won't work. There are also security questions at times, too, and being from a legal field for many years, I tend to think of the future and what would happen if someone needed to access my info.

I keep a long 4 inch x 6 inch file card box with each of those places on a card. I include the web site address, my user name, password, security question, answer, the email address I used, etc. It helps me a lot, since I'm never sure if I've signed up for an account on a site I haven't used in a long while. Friends have adopted this idea, too, after trying notebooks and other list keepers.

Thanks for this tip! I was just thinking of organizing that kind of info in a notebook. But the index card idea is even better, considering it's so easy to add and remove entries.

We also use almost the same things for most of our accounts but my husband can't remember ANY of them so I have a notebook in the drawer beside the computer for times when I'm away and he needs to pay a bill or something. Now if he just won't forget where the book is!!

I do exactly the same thing too. I never allow the computer to save me or info. We have a 4x6 card index for all our sites/ log-on's, passwords& security questions. I have recently had my son eliminate his long list of favorites. He now has a list that he created in Word that he can referred to when needed. Always remember to clear your data each and every time you search. Adware and Spyware love those who don't remove their info. Also I was told by computer tech not to download anything with EXE. files unless you are totally sure of the site and contents. I had a lot of problems because I got messages saying to download. I did on many and it really did a number on my computer. Had to completely erase. Start over. So think about downloads. They can really mess your system up. Trust only secure sites. Safe surfing!

Jennifer CA

This is where the Z in my rolodex comes in handy. It's on my desk and no one thinks to look under Z for passwords and user names. lol

Computer login window.
Remembering Usernames and Passwords
Computers Internet TipsJuly 13, 2008
Couple getting SSI help.
Finding a Good Social Security Attorney
older blind woman sitting on a bench
Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Social Security Paperwork
Preparing for a Social Security Hearing
Answers to Seldom Asked Gardening Questions