Training for a Cleaner Business

I am starting a small professional cleaning service and I was wondering if there is any training I can attend to better service my customers.

Soraya from Florida

Soraya... A big "high five" on your new venture! First training course should be a visit with your insurance company. I work in a picture framing shop, and I can vouch for the number of damaged pictures that a cleaning company can cause. Accidents do happen. And replacing broken glass in a 22x28 picture frame is expensive!

Next, you might want to check out any local community or two-year colleges that offer certifications in the hospitality industry. When I was younger (ahem... years ago), I used to be a Rooms Division Manager at a 4-star hotel. The Housekeeping Department was part of my territory. Though a hotel operation will be different from a small business operation, there are a lot of things in common... like liabilities, safety and OSHA issues, cost and risk management, ordering, production scheduling, storage and inventory, efficiency, employee issues, etc., etc. And if you're thinking about expanding some day. Many smaller hotel properties contract out their housekeeping chores to independent operators.

You might also want to Google to see if there's a professional association, magazine subscriptions, or an industry forum that matches your new business. They can be a great help, and they may offer a lot of ideas about education. If you're going to buy supplies in bulk from a wholesaler, then they may be able to give you some great advise too.

Just a few things to think about. Wishing you the very best of luck! You've picked a great industry. Matoaka

If I were to have a start in this type of business, I woud want all employees to be on the same page when cleaning and to keep this high standard, a monthly or quarterly inservice would be required. One can suggest from the employees what subject in cleaning they would like to learn about whether it be cleaning the bathroom thoroughly and same cloth not used in the kitchen to addressing a problem someone encountered on the job that would pertain to all. This type of thing. Also, employees may come to you with questions and you could take the tme to answer everyones during the inservice, so all know how to handle or deal with any situation in this line of work. A well informed employee makes a better housekeeper when serving others at the job.

People have different cleaning standards, so to keep your business top of the line whether it be small or large, all employees should follow the same guidelines set,

There is a terrific paperback called "Speed Cleaning" by Jeff Campbell, an author who has run a successful cleaning business called The Clean Team. He recommends environmentally sound products, and has some great suggestions. He has also written "Spring Cleaning" and "Clutter Control". There are some great ideas you could use for training.

Business and Legal BusinessApril 8, 2008
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
agility training for your dog
Agility Training for Your Dog
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business, A handwritten business plan on paper.
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business
🎉
🎄