Rose Scented Spray For Artificial Flowers

I do weddings and many of the brides want their wedding party to have a nice remembrance of their wedding, so they select artificial flowers. Of course artificial flowers have no smell. I buy spray bottles of rose body spray and right before the ceremony, I spray all the flowers (including the pew bows) with a touch of the rose scent. The smell is so fresh and sweet, your family and friends would never know they were artificial flowers.

By Gem from VA

I sure hope you ask the bride & groom before you spray their flowers with perfume if this is something they want, or if they have allergies? I chose artificial flowers for my wedding because I wanted to save them & they were less expensive. When the florist asked me if I wanted them sprayed with the artifical rose spray I said 'absolutely NOT' & thanked her profusely for asking me instead of just doing it.

I'm allergic to roses, but the biggest allergy I have is to artificial rose scent - both the perfumed stuff women wear, & the stuff made to spray on roses. I can't be in the same room with it & have to hold my breath when I walk by it in the store. It causes such a severe allergy attack that the effects last for days!

Perfume bothers me anyway, but the roses stuff nearly kills me. If I attended a wedding or event with that stuff sprayed on the flowers, I would have to leave.

I know your intentions are good & many people would appreciate your thoughtfulness - and I'm not trying to offend anyone because I know everyone is entitled to have their wedding the way they want. But when you hold an event that you are going to invite people to, you have to take your guests comfort into consideration also. Nowadays, there are so many people with allergies plus so many who don't like to be overwhelmed with perfume everywhere they go, that I would not do something like this at an event I held unless I knew without a doubt that it was not going to bother someone.

Weddings FlowersApril 20, 2011
Scented Geraniums
Growing Scented Geranium
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle