Applesauce Cinnamon Christmas Ornaments
- 1 cup cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. allspice
- 1 Tbsp. ginger
- 3/4 cup applesauce
In medium bowl, combine cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger, and nutmeg. Add applesauce; stir to combine.
- Work mixture with hands two to three minutes or until dough is smooth and ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Roll out dough into 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut dough with cookie cutters. Using straw or pencil, make small hole in top of ornaments.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 150 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Remove from the cookie sheet and bake on the oven racks for another 1 1/2 hours.
Use to decorate gifts, hang on tree, etc.
By Robin from Washington, IA
December 13, 20100 found this helpful
One of my very favorite ornament recipes! I loved using my really miniature cutters for these ornaments and also made small refrigerator magnets. They look and smell great. I have used the ornaments tied with embroidery floss on miniature Christmas trees that I "planted" in china demitasse cups. They store wonderfully. I just brought out one made at least 15 years ago and it is still in perfect condition.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 7, 2016 at 1:20:14 AM on 10.0.0.175 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us